MVA- South of Waysons Corner

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Don't see a thread already so...

I passed what appeared to be the remains of a pretty bad MVA on Rt 4 southbound around 0420hrs. Police had road closed off and traffic was being directed onto side road. Road is poorly light there but it appeared that a car badly damaged and the bed cover from a truck were in the median. Car looked like it might have rolled a few times as it looked like major damage to roof.

I checked Baynet and nothing showed up. I hope everyone involved is ok.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Don't see a thread already so...

I passed what appeared to be the remains of a pretty bad MVA on Rt 4 southbound around 0420hrs. Police had road closed off and traffic was being directed onto side road. Road is poorly light there but it appeared that a car badly damaged and the bed cover from a truck were in the median. Car looked like it might have rolled a few times as it looked like major damage to roof.

I checked Baynet and nothing showed up. I hope everyone involved is ok.

:yeahthat: There was another vehicle off the right side of the road in the wooded area, and a lot of debris scattered around. Didn't look good at all.

B

Bronwyn

:yeahthat: There was another vehicle off the right side of the road in the wooded area, and a lot of debris scattered around. Didn't look good at all.

I think the vehicle in the woods was a blue pick up.

Wonder if the tractor trailor pulled over was involved, helping or a witness.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Yep, forgot to mention the debris in the road. I was in the right hand lane northbound so I didn't see the vehicle in the woods. I wonder if it was the truck whose bed cover was lying in the median. Also forgot to mention the deep tire tracks in the median too.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Didn't look good at all.

Looked VERY bad. Son called to tell us about it at 5, so it happened before that..and the bus went through a little before 6. I'm sure something rolled, you could see the broken glass for a good stretch.

There are a lot of deer that cross that area, wonder if that had something to do with it. :shrug:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Looked VERY bad. Son called to tell us about it at 5, so it happened before that..and the bus went through a little before 6. I'm sure something rolled, you could see the broken glass for a good stretch.

There are a lot of deer that cross that area, wonder if that had something to do with it. :shrug:

I went through before 4:30am. Only cops and 1 firetruck were on scene. I guess it's a good thing that traffic is pretty minor at that hour because judging from the mess it left, there could have been a lot more victims than just the car and pick-up had it occured later on in the morning. Especially if the car did in fact roll.

MrX

High Octane
SB Rt 4 was still closed after 0600, and NB traffic was backed up from the scene to RT 260.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I went through before 4:30am. Only cops and 1 firetruck were on scene. I guess it's a good thing that traffic is pretty minor at that hour because judging from the mess it left, there could have been a lot more victims than just the car and pick-up had it occured later on in the morning. Especially if the car did in fact roll.

It appears that somebody crossed over the median..you could see tracks unless that was from rescue vehicles.

Fortunately for us, we didn't hit traffic until after we came through the "tunnel."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It appears that somebody crossed over the median..you could see tracks unless that was from rescue vehicles.

Fortunately for us, we didn't hit traffic until after we came through the "tunnel."

I saw the tracks, but they looked really deep like the person going through the median was slamming on the brakes. :shrug: I just hope everyone is ok.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Any up-dates on the people involved??

A 74-year-old man was flown to a trauma center in Prince George's County with life-threatening injuries Wednesday morning after a two-vehicle accident in southern Anne Arundel County, according to authorities.

Emergency personnel responded about 2:30 a.m. to Route 4 near West Bay Front Road in Lothian, said Division Chief Michael Cox of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department. The injured man was trapped in one of the vehicles for 10 minutes before crews were able to free him, according to Cox.

No other injuries were reported. Further details about the crash were not immediately available.

Man, 74, suffers life-threatening injuries in Lothian crash -- baltimoresun.com

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
A 74-year-old man was flown to a trauma center in Prince George's County with life-threatening injuries Wednesday morning after a two-vehicle accident in southern Anne Arundel County, according to authorities.

Emergency personnel responded about 2:30 a.m. to Route 4 near West Bay Front Road in Lothian, said Division Chief Michael Cox of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department. The injured man was trapped in one of the vehicles for 10 minutes before crews were able to free him, according to Cox.

No other injuries were reported. Further details about the crash were not immediately available.

Man, 74, suffers life-threatening injuries in Lothian crash -- baltimoresun.com

Thanks for the up-date!

limblips

PREMO Member
He is my landladys brother. He has some head trauma but looks like he will make it. My understanding is that he got hit from the rear and went down in to the woods hitting a tree.

poster

He is my landladys brother. He has some head trauma but looks like he will make it. My understanding is that he got hit from the rear and went down in to the woods hitting a tree.

His a relative of mine.
He is doing better today, hopefully everyday he'll show some improvement.

limblips

PREMO Member
Any idea why he was out driving around at 0230??

It occured later than that, around 4 I believe. He was on his way to pick up the disabled person that he picks up every day to take someplace, (I forget where). He doesn't drink so in case you were thinking................

C

CalvertNewbie

Any idea why he was out driving around at 0230??

I wondered the same thing. I'll blame my past career as an auto claims investigator for me even thinking that. :ohwell:

I'm really glad that this man will be ok. It seems to be a common place for accidents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Still haven't read anywhere what actually happened. Hoping this man recovers and is doing well, limblips and poster. Anything else on the person driving the other vehicle? They were very far apart from each other.

If you don't feel like sharing this, it's okay. I understand. I've just been very curious about Route 4 accidents, and am surprised there haven't been many details on it just yet.