Working fire, Drum Point

dgates80

Land of the lost
Fire not out yet. Must be non-trivial, actual situation still not clear to me....

Maybe a brush fire? Not sure...

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Fire not out yet. Must be non-trivial, actual situation still not clear to me....

Maybe a brush fire? Not sure...

Didn't hear the call over for a special service from St. Mary's (since Calvert likes to triple pull from one company :rolleyes:).

Is Calvert Truck 3 in service?

dgates80

Land of the lost
Didn't hear the call over for a special service from St. Mary's (since Calvert likes to triple pull from one company :rolleyes:).

Is Calvert Truck 3 in service?

I think so. Tanker 7 for sure, call was for backup tanker, heard another tanker on initial dispatch (was watching TV at the time though)

Engine 33, Tanker 3 ....

Forestry will be out in the morning....

Last edited:

G1G4

FWIW, Forestry no longer exists in the Southern Maryland region. The closest Forestry unit has to come from somewhere either up North or the Eastern Shore.

In that case, it sounds like a brush fire. I only assumed it wasn't a house fire, because usually any 3 box puts one of our companies on it (usually 9 and 7), and I didn't hear any called.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
FWIW, Forestry no longer exists in the Southern Maryland region. The closest Forestry unit has to come from somewhere either up North or the Eastern Shore.
In that case, it sounds like a brush fire. I only assumed it wasn't a house fire, because usually any 3 box puts one of our companies on it (usually 9 and 7), and I didn't hear any called.

That's why I heard them say forestry won't be out until the morning. That's a long way, but seems like morning is going to be after the fact.

G1G4

Yup. State cut off funding for it and I'm assuming overtime. So they come out during regular business hours, lol.

dgates80

Land of the lost
I think so. Tanker 7 for sure, call was for backup tanker, heard another tanker on initial dispatch (was watching TV at the time though)

Engine 33, Tanker 3 ....

Forestry will be out in the morning....

Sounds like they have it knocked now, working hot spots...

dgates80

Land of the lost
It was a fire on the marsh.

Makes sense, now. It was an odd callout, clearly a working fire (smoke and flames report) but no "side A, B," etc. Had a hard time making sense of the radio traffic on this one, thanks for the clairfication as to what was going on.