Ameruacana Rooster- Free!

idiganthro

Ameruacana Rooster- Free!- Spoken For- Thanks!

So, "Harriet" is really "Harry." If you'd like to give him a home, please let me know!

Last edited:

idiganthro

No, actually he is pretty scared of us!
Here is the story:
I was actively looking for Ameruacana pullets and got a call from a lady saying they had 3 for sale. When we got there, I was really discouraged because they were being kept in a tiny, dirty cage. I was not too keen on taking them, but my husband announced that we'd take them all. In the car he told me he couldn't stand to see them in those conditions. So, we brought them home and built a "quarantine" pen out of 2x4's, chicken wire and plywood. Not beautiful, but works. They've been on antibiotics for 14 days, just as a preventative, and I've been feeding them a high calorie, high protein food to fatten them up some. "Harriet" started crowing this week, confirming my suspicion that "she" was a "he." We only have a small backyard flock for eggs, and a rooster is not in our plans.
If you'd like him, let me know. If I don't have any takers in a few days, I'm going to load him up and take him to a boy at the feed mill. I've already given him one rooster, so he's sure to think I'm an idiot!

keekee

Let me get in touch with my parents. They recently lost their rooster to a fox. The hens are inside the barn now for safety, and we are actively controlling the fox population. Their chickens are free-range during the day, and in the barn at night. I'll let you know later today... Thanks!!!

idiganthro

Let me get in touch with my parents. They recently lost their rooster to a fox. The hens are inside the barn now for safety, and we are actively controlling the fox population. Their chickens are free-range during the day, and in the barn at night. I'll let you know later today... Thanks!!!

No rush, Keekee- he is not hurting anything- I can give you a couple days to make your decision.
Just let me know either way so I know the next step to take.

keekee

My parents would love to have him... can you PM me & tell me how to proceed? I can pick him up, or meet you somewhere if you prefer. I live in the California area. Thanks!!!

idiganthro

My parents would love to have him... can you PM me & tell me how to proceed? I can pick him up, or meet you somewhere if you prefer. I live in the California area. Thanks!!!

Great! I PM'd you my contact info. We can get him to you however works best for you.