House Fire - Laurel Grove

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Putting it out on Old Horse Landing Road, house fire -- oven on fire.

1546; Fireboard advising the house is starting to smoke, evacuating the house
1548; Got a few units responding, Fireboard advises the homeowner believes the oven is on self cleaning mode -- so the door is locked.
1551; Total of 24 personnel enroute on three pumper tankers, a truck and an ambulance
1552; 24 on the scene, single story, single family, nothing evident. House is evacuated
1553; 24 advises oven on self cleaning mode causing the smoke. Holding 24 only, returning the rest.

Last edited:

mizteresa1965

Putting it out on Old Horse Landing Road, house fire -- oven on fire.

1546; Fireboard advising the house is starting to smoke, evacuating the house
1548; Got a few units responding, Fireboard advises the homeowner believes the oven is on self cleaning mode -- so the door is locked.
1551; Total of 24 personnel enroute on three pumper tankers, a truck and an ambulance
1552; 24 on the scene, single story, single family, nothing evident. House is evacuated
1553; 24 advises oven on self cleaning mode causing the smoke. Holding 24 only, returning the rest.

They are so lucky. I put my oven on the self cleaning mode a few weeks ago, and I had flames. Shut that puppy right down, didn't have any damage, but my house stunk for about a week.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I think your always taking a chance when anything is 'self cleaning.' The one good thing about it though, unless the fire melts the locking device, it will be starved for oxygen which can prevent it from spreading.