Timeline

Blondie76

Saw it this past weekend. Total crap. If you really want to see it wait for DVD, better yet, wait for it on cable.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Disagree...

...I read the book a few years ago. Christmas present from my honey.

Great fantasy read IMHO.

Watched the movie last night. I thought it was FANTASTIC!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Disagree...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...I read the book a few years ago. Christmas present from my honey.

Great fantasy read IMHO.

Watched the movie last night. I thought it was FANTASTIC!

Haven't read it... I thought the movie was good but not fantastic.
The ending seemed forced. How come they can never make time travel movies believable? :confused:

Hessian

The read was good.....

The movie had its intensity but it was editted poorly. Characters lacked the depth of the book.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Hessian
The read was good.....

The movie had its intensity but it was editted poorly. Characters lacked the depth of the book.

I just didn't like the disconnects...

The ending wasn't logical.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OK...

...I'm stealing that!

How come they can never make time travel movies believable?

Hess, name me a movie, just one, that even comes close to book character development.

I usually hate hocus pocus, book or movie, and Timeline is an exception, LOTR the other. I guess I just got into it enough to just enjoy without arguing whether or not their time machine would actually work.

Getting old??? :biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: OK...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...I'm stealing that!

:lol: I'm serious though... as whacked out as my statement seemed.

We've never proved that time travel is impossible, so I can suspend disbelief on that point.

But to me is seemed like they screwed up the story. Even suspending disbelief and allowing for time travel, why can't they try to make an attempt to allow the rest of the story to be believable.

I'd post exactly what I mean... but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to see it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I liked Timeline but I didn't love it. I was so crazy about the book I've read it several times but the movie missed a lot of the character development. But what the heck - still entertaining. :shrug:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I liked Timeline but I didn't love it. I was so crazy about the book I've read it several times but the movie missed a lot of the character development. But what the heck - still entertaining. :shrug:

Is Timeline the name of the book? Who's the author? I may have to check it out sometime... I love sci-fi.

Hessian

I might think of one...

I think the movie Gallipoli starring a young Mel Gibson was pretty stirring compared to the Book on the 1915 invasion of W. Turkey..
Seen it?...I've had HS kids in stunned disbelief at the end of it...some near tears.