lots

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
of sirens now in Ca, whats up?

Residential Hazmat in Calvert County. I am absolutely stunned at how many pieces of apparatus they've pulled from us. They double pulled 3 and 9 for an engine and truck, and triple pulled 7 for a squad, engine and truck.

If there happens to be a fire at Exploration now, your closest truck to do any rescue (that isn't on base) is coming from Leonardtown. Your second due? You guessed it, La Plata!

Commune

actually what's scary is on our walk down the island last night we thought we smelled propane or natural gas down there in one spot... right past Catamarans.

I hear they got Hazmat coming now.

Actually it may just be for the gas leak.

G1G4

actually what's scary is on our walk down the island last night we thought we smelled propane or natural gas down there in one spot... right past Catamarans.

I hear they got Hazmat coming now.

Actually it may just be for the gas leak.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on, all I know is it went out as a residential hazmat call. My pager hasn't gone off for the hazmat team, so I guess you guys atleast have that still in service. :killingme

dgates80

Land of the lost
I have seen three engines, two trucks, one medic come past the store so far....

Staging at Catamarans on Solomons Island.

Chief 3 has command.

Just heard a "everythings clear" call.... nothing more has rolled past me at this time.

G1G4

dgates80 (or anyone that has the inside scoop over on the Calvert side), can I get some help on why you guys are pulling so many apparatus from our stations? I know there isn't stuff out of service, I don't hear it on the 0700 or 1900 rundown, so are pieces just not getting out -- or are the box alarms Calvert has way overdone?

dgates80

Land of the lost
dgates80 (or anyone that has the inside scoop over on the Calvert side), can I get some help on why you guys are pulling so many apparatus from our stations? I know there isn't stuff out of service, I don't hear it on the 0700 or 1900 rundown, so are pieces just not getting out -- or are the box alarms Calvert has way overdone?

I have no idea -- was minding the store and saw all the units going past so I logged into the scanner myself, was not monitoring. I know there is a smoke investigate happening up in North Beach and the usual batch of medic calls, but nothing else major going on as far as I know.

G1G4

It's weird, it seems like anytime there's a call in the south end of the county, Calvert is double or triple pulling from our stations. My assumption is Solomons isn't getting out, and the next due isn't getting out? I dunno, we don't usually throw five companies on a hazmat, let alone a residential hazmat.

dgates80

Land of the lost
It's weird, it seems like anytime there's a call in the south end of the county, Calvert is double or triple pulling from our stations. My assumption is Solomons isn't getting out, and the next due isn't getting out? I dunno, we don't usually throw five companies on a hazmat, let alone a residential hazmat.

It *was* reported as a 200lb tank, not a 20lb BBQ tank, maybe that's why -- I don't know, but they did roll a lot on this call.

G1G4

It *was* reported as a 200lb tank, not a 20lb BBQ tank, maybe that's why -- I don't know, but they did roll a lot on this call.

I can understand that, but to put it into perspective about how ridiculous the response was -- awhile ago a construction company hit a knuckle on a 5 inch main that was steadily spewing out gas. All they put on the assignment was the first, second and third due engines, two special services, an ambulance and a hazmat team.
I can understand it though I guess, can never be too safe.

rusty27

Beware of the dog
I have a brother that runs with St.Leonard and I grew up in Calvert before moving to St. Mary's several years ago. Anyway......it is well known with the volunteers in Calvert that Solomons has had staffing issues for awhile. Thats why whenever there is a medical call/or any major call in the Solomons area then they always call for mutual aid since there is a decent chance that Solomons may not get out. I don't usually monitor Calvert's scanner but my brother tells me all the time that they drop calls. Not getting on Solomons or anything its just well known to alot of people. If I remember correctly they have the highest dropped call rate in the county....but I could be wrong. They just need more volunteers an they should be fine.