dameron area

royhobie

hobieflyer
Controlled burn by Company 4 (Ridge) just after the first turn in to St. Jerome's Neck Road, on the left. Small house they are burning down. Took tonight wiht 30 to 40 mph winds to burn it. I guess they think the rain would help control it? However, just as you make the first turn in to St. Jeromes, visibility is at extreme zero. Not an inch in front of your hood. You have to inch along and hope you are still on the road as you complete the turn. You hope no one will ram the back of you. You pray no one comes along. Otherwise, you would be clocked pretty good since you are at a near stop in the road. I put my 4 way flashers on. But, it just reflected back in the extreme heavy smoke. I finally got out of the smoke, pulled over and told the fire dept. to have some one out there to warn of the smoke hazard. I showed little concern and made me believe he was going to blow me off. I called the Sheriff's Office and asked them to respond a deputy for a traffic hazard. They said they would. I called the control center and told them their controlled burn was hazardous, making zero visibility on the road and should take action to prevent an accident. Too late. Not long after my call, someone got in to an accident on St. Jeromes according to the scanner. Oh well. I tried.

Ronatjedi

Controlled burn by Company 4 (Ridge) just after the first turn in to St. Jerome's Neck Road, on the left. Small house they are burning down. Took tonight wiht 30 to 40 mph winds to burn it. I guess they think the rain would help control it? However, just as you make the first turn in to St. Jeromes, visibility is at extreme zero. Not an inch in front of your hood. You have to inch along and hope you are still on the road as you complete the turn. You hope no one will ram the back of you. You pray no one comes along. Otherwise, you would be clocked pretty good since you are at a near stop in the road. I put my 4 way flashers on. But, it just reflected back in the extreme heavy smoke. I finally got out of the smoke, pulled over and told the fire dept. to have some one out there to warn of the smoke hazard. I showed little concern and made me believe he was going to blow me off. I called the Sheriff's Office and asked them to respond a deputy for a traffic hazard. They said they would. I called the control center and told them their controlled burn was hazardous, making zero visibility on the road and should take action to prevent an accident. Too late. Not long after my call, someone got in to an accident on St. Jeromes according to the scanner. Oh well. I tried.

yea i no this is so bad

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

Your concern is legitimate, however, it's an old and dilapated house that is being burned down in extremely wet conditions. The wind isn't going to have much of an effect with how heavy the air is. I could understand your concern if it was 80 degrees and dry out with 0% humidity. Did you actually go to the officer on the truck and request that, or just one of the firefighters in the back? Yes, it's a bad location, but they don't have too many places to go to get into the driveway, even on a good day.
It's honestly not that bad, if they decided to burn it up on a clear Saturday morning when everyone on St. Jerome's Neck and Three Notch Road were outside and the smoke drifted into their area, more people would be complaining.

Ronatjedi

Your concern is legitimate, however, it's an old and dilapated house that is being burned down in extremely wet conditions. The wind isn't going to have much of an effect with how heavy the air is. I could understand your concern if it was 80 degrees and dry out with 0% humidity. Did you actually go to the officer on the truck and request that, or just one of the firefighters in the back? Yes, it's a bad location, but they don't have too many places to go to get into the driveway, even on a good day.
It's honestly not that bad, if they decided to burn it up on a clear Saturday morning when everyone on St. Jerome's Neck and Three Notch Road were outside and the smoke drifted into their area, more people would be complaining.

true but they could do it when there is light out like

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I understand that, but these are prime (for the most part) conditions. Heavy air, saturated ground, off-peak travel hours. If they decided to go out on a Saturday morning when it's misting, ground is barely saturated, and theres good traffic on a Saturday, then what would it be like? The only thing they've done wrong, that I can see, is that the apparatus is on the road a little bit. But really, isn't the speed limit on St. Jerome's 35 MPH?