Honda Accord T-boned
2 Patients
8:12 Request for helicopter
8:12 Priority 1
8:14 LZ set up for field near Plum Point Elem
8:15 Shutting down 261 rerouting people to Plum Point Road
8:15 Extracation in progress
8:18 Removing roof. Driver Priority 1.
8:21 Driver 20 year old female. Multisystem trauma.
8:22 Priority 2 patient being transported to CMH
8:25 Call for accident reconstruction team.
8:29 Troop 7 5 minutes out
8:30 Ambulance 69 at CMH with priority 2 patient.
8:34 Trooper 7 landing
8:48 Trooper 7 taking off

Last edited by a moderator:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
shutting 261 down
need to do an extrication
bringing in chopper, looking for LZ options
one priority one patient

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Sounds like EVERYBODY needs to slow down. And if you see a deer, do your best to avoid it, but DON'T swerve.

G1G4

Sending the Tower from St. Mary's Station 9 to Prince Frederick Station 2

G1G4

Dang. That is a heck of a fill in run.

It is, but that's the price you pay when you have one truck (I'd count Solomons, but really...) running in your entire county. Lucky for St. Mary's, we have four.

Are they operating on a chimney fire in Charles County, or in their own first due?

B

Bronwyn

It is, but that's the price you pay when you have one truck (I'd count Solomons, but really...) running in your entire county. Lucky for St. Mary's, we have four.

Are they operating on a chimney fire in Charles County, or in their own first due?

I think it is in Charles

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!

Solomons Ladder truck was the one I climbed in FF1 class. Back then only Co.3 and Solomons had one. Well 9 had one but it was the oldest thing around.

G1G4

Solomons Ladder truck was the one I climbed in FF1 class. Back then only Co.3 and Solomons had one. Well 9 had one but it was the oldest thing around.

I climbed Tower 9. Just think, it wasn't long ago when there weren't many special services around. For the longest time it was only La Plata, Solomons and Bay District that had the only trucks. Now, it's La Plata, North Beach, Leonardtown, Prince Frederick, Solomons, Waldorf, Both Bay District Stations, Hollywood, and Bryans Road with em.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I climbed Tower 9. Just think, it wasn't long ago when there weren't many special services around. For the longest time it was only La Plata, Solomons and Bay District that had the only trucks. Now, it's La Plata, North Beach, Leonardtown, Prince Frederick, Solomons, Waldorf, Both Bay District Stations, Hollywood, and Bryans Road with em.

Yeah I used to run back in the day we could ride tailboard too. I rode in Old Truck 3 with the big dog house in the middle. I have a few stories about that truck. :killingme

G1G4

Yeah I used to run back in the day we could ride tailboard too. I rode in Old Truck 3 with the big dog house in the middle. I have a few stories about that truck. :killingme

Tailboard, a time when you could pile 11 guys on the truck and do the job with the crew on one truck!

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Tailboard, a time when you could pile 11 guys on the truck and do the job with the crew on one truck!

Exactly. I rode old Engine 41 from Ridge to Charlotte Hall for a big woods fire. It had an open cab that would hold 6 plus you could ride tailboard on it. (I think it was setup for that. I know 42 was.) It was a long ride on that thing.

Last edited:

G1G4

Exactly. I rode old Engine 41 from Ridge to Charlotte Hall for a big woods fire. It had an open cab that would hold 4 plus you could ride tailboard on it. It was a long ride on that thing.

I tell ya, that open cab was a smack in the face on a cold night! Going to a chimney fire and standing up to put your coat on, turning forward to let the wind hit you in the face and Federal blow your ears out. It was heaven.

Sadly, old 41 was sold in May to a department in West Africa.

And 41 was DEFINATELY setup for tailboard. It had the tailboard straps on it the day we sold it.