Nextel SIM card

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
What is it? I'm planning on getting someone a new phone for Chrsitmas. They have an older Nextel. What is this SIM card stuff? Does the old phone have a SIM card that can be transfered to the new phone or do I need to get a phone with a new SIM card in it?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by pixiegirl
So can i use the old one?

Doubtful.......every new phone I get has a new card.

Shoot a call to Nextel, they'll tell ya in a flash.

mainman

Set Trippin
Depends on how old the old phone is, the newer sims contain all of your numbers and private ids... just swap the chip and you are square.
2 weeks ago, I went from an i1000+ to a i90c. The i1000+, does not have the card, so we had to hook each phone up to a PC to make the swap...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by mainman
Depends on how old the old phone is, the newer sims contain all of your numbers and private ids... just swap the chip and you are square.
2 weeks ago, I went from an i1000+ to a i90c. The i1000+, does not have the card, so we had to hook each phone up to a PC to make the swap...

that's what he's got (the i1000). so i should order a phone with a SIM card and he should be able to take it to Nextel and they should activate it no problem? I was thinking about the i90, how do you like it?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by pixiegirl
that's what he's got (the i1000). so i should order a phone with a SIM card and he should be able to take it to Nextel and they should activate it no problem? I was thinking about the i90, how do you like it?
I like it fine now, it is just like night and day compared to the i1000+, you will have to relearn the whole phone. Took a few days to get it the way I wanted it, I actually had to break out the manual a few times. I am also still doing little tweaks here and there. The worst part of it is the clip, it covers the front of the phone and you have to remove it to see who is calling..:ohwell:

If you take both phones to nextel they will be able to swap memory info between the 2.
The beauty of the new phone is, if you ever get another new one. You should be able to put the sim in the new phone and just call to have it activated and still keep all of your personal data. (Providing they continue to use the same technology)