Rt 4 at Cove Point Road

dgates80

Land of the lost

Trooper 7 helo just lifted off a minute ago. Long time on the ground. CSO taking photos, not hearing full scene reconstruction but clearly a serious crash, took a *long* time for the helo to lift, and LZ was very close to the MVA scene, which means it took a long time to either extricate the patient or a long time to stabilize the patient for transport. Bad deal, either way. Headed to PG Shock Trauma.

Beavers5

When we drove by a little bit ago, all Northbound was closed. 1 vehicle was on it's side and another sitting backwards. There were paramedics standing there with a bed ready. Definitely didn't look pretty and they are all in my prayers tonight.

Macluvr

When we drove by a little bit ago, all Northbound was closed. 1 vehicle was on it's side and another sitting backwards. There were paramedics standing there with a bed ready. Definitely didn't look pretty and they are all in my prayers tonight.

What kind of vehicle? What color?? I am freaking here!

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Trooper 7 helo just lifted off a minute ago. Long time on the ground. CSO taking photos, not hearing full scene reconstruction but clearly a serious crash, took a *long* time for the helo to lift, and LZ was very close to the MVA scene, which means it took a long time to either extricate the patient or a long time to stabilize the patient for transport. Bad deal, either way. Headed to PG Shock Trauma.

Sounds like they had to use the flight paramedic.

dgates80

Land of the lost

Priority 3 (bumps & cuts & buises) headed to CMH is probably what you saw in passing. Heard there was a sign taken out?

dgates80

Land of the lost
Priority 3 (bumps & cuts & buises) headed to CMH is probably what you saw in passing. Heard there was a sign taken out?

Doing a wash down now. Sounds like they did a full reconstruction of this, what with the road northbound shut down for so long, also hearing chatter that implies this. Road should reopen pretty soon now.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Opening the road at this time. Closing the recon card also.

BTW, there is a PD on Cove Point at / near Cove Point Park, unrelated.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Passed the site this morning on the way to work. The green highway sign that said "Cove Point / MD497" is knocked down, and teh sign itself is pretty bent up.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

Is this the same accident referred to in the original post or the PD on "Cove Point at / near Cove Point Park" ? If the original post; why is a pri 3 helo'd out?:shrug: