MVA Hit & Run with A Pedestrain - Lexington Park

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Police report it's involving a 5 YOM. Hit and run on Brighton Avenue, in Lexington Park.

1328; Not seeing anything evident on Brighton Avenue, having the engine go to the address.
1329; Chief 3 confirming it's on Brighton Avenue, having Squad 3 hold up on Lincoln Avenue
1331; Checking on the helo, LZ will be at the Carver ball field.
1331; Patient has two large knots on both sides of his forehead, skid marks. Chief 3 advises it looks like he was rolled.
1332; Large abrasion in the center of his forehead, as well.
1333; Command advising high Category C/low B flyout
1336; Category C, Priority 2 flyout
1337; Trooper 7 -- 12 minute ETA

Last edited:

LadyCoyote

This is so sad. I hope they catch the scumbag that hit this boy. I heard on the news the boy is 4 years old? And they are looking for a maroon colored car. GAWD. To hit a child and leave the scene? Poor kid. I hope he is going to be okay.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Just had something about this incident on the news. Boy is being kept overnight for observation, and an arrest has been made.

Child Hit And Run Arrest | WUSA9.com | Washington, DC |

Lexington Park, Md. (AP) -- The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office says a man has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident in which a 4-year-old boy was hit by a car.

Forty-three-year-old Gerald Keemer of Lusby was also charged with driving while his license is suspended. He was arrested Tuesday afternoon after going to a sheriff's office station.

Deputies say about 1:25 p.m. Tuesday, Keemer's vehicle hit a 4-year-old boy on Brighton Avenue.

Authorities say Keemer got out of his car and talked with the child's caregiver, then got back into his car and left the scene.

The boy was flown to Children's Hospital in Washington were he will spend the night for observation.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
And, surprise surprise, our Mr. Keemer has a rap sheet. He's a non-child support-paying, drunk driving, drug-dealing, illegal firearm-toting, hit-and-running thug dating back to 1991. But, I'm sure he was trying to turn his life around and the dang kid just got in his way... :rolleyes:

bcp

In My Opinion
And, surprise surprise, our Mr. Keemer has a rap sheet. He's a non-child support-paying, drunk driving, drug-dealing, illegal firearm-toting, hit-and-running thug dating back to 1991. But, I'm sure he was trying to turn his life around and the dang kid just got in his way... :rolleyes:
right there is your answer.
the corrupt and ignorant child support laws caused this otherwise gentle and caring man to turn to a life of crime and savagery.

When JPC is governor, he will change these ignorant laws that are supported by you and your kind and this type of thing will be no more.

C

CalvertNewbie

Some people just never change. I can't imagine hitting a child but to then just drive away when the kid is obviously hurt? No way in hell I could do that. But I guess if he doesn't even care about his own kid(s), it shouldn't come as a shock that he doesn't care about someone else's.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
There was a very bad accident on Dares Beach Road last night, right near my street..took out a telephone pole around 1 - 1:30 a.m..sheared it in half. We lost power, phone, cable until after 8 a.m. or so. Couldn't see much of the scene when I left at 5 a.m. but there was a ton of utility trucks repairing things.

I hope for a good outcome from the accident but I think it must have been not good.

C

CalvertNewbie

There was a very bad accident on Dares Beach Road last night, right near my street..took out a telephone pole around 1 - 1:30 a.m..sheared it in half. We lost power, phone, cable until after 8 a.m. or so. Couldn't see much of the scene when I left at 5 a.m. but there was a ton of utility trucks repairing things.

I hope for a good outcome from the accident but I think it must have been not good.

You must live within 5 minutes of my house. I had a feeling someone must have struck a pole somewhere. We woke up at 1:30 because our home alarm was beeping. Power flashed a few times, then just went out until at least 3am which is when I fell back asleep. Well, I hope whoever struck that pole is ok.

donbarzini

right there is your answer.
the corrupt and ignorant child support laws caused this otherwise gentle and caring man to turn to a life of crime and savagery.

When JPC is governor, he will change these ignorant laws that are supported by you and your kind and this type of thing will be no more.

Shhhhhhhh. You might wake him.......:whistle: