Bad Accident, LaPlata

OldHillcrestGuy

Last night around 7:15 ambulance from Marbury responding to Civista Hospital, CPR in progress in the back of the ambo is involved in accident at 301 and Charles St. (Rt. 6) with 2 other cars, another ambulance following behind the one that was in the accident who's crew was on the Marbury ambo stopped and they transfered the patient to this ambo and then continued to the hospital CPR in progress.

Hoover

Last night around 7:15 ambulance from Marbury responding to Civista Hospital, CPR in progress in the back of the ambo is involved in accident at 301 and Charles St. (Rt. 6) with 2 other cars, another ambulance following behind the one that was in the accident who's crew was on the Marbury ambo stopped and they transfered the patient to this ambo and then continued to the hospital CPR in progress.

WOW - what are the chances? How did everyone fare?

Kittykat33

Why me??
I was at th PNC bank right there getting Mike Greens autograph and I saw it-it looked REALLY bad. I hope everyone was ok.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

Holy s&%*. That's why you take an intersection with due regard. I understand with CPR in the back, your gonna be rolling, but you gotta slow it down sometimes. Man.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I drive the ambo with ease, especially with patients in the back. Nothing like trying to do pt care while you're getting thrown the back of the ambo by some psycho driver who thinks he owns the road. I also don't run every damn siren and air horn like a maniac while transporting, it just makes the pt (not pri 1 blue) more stressed hearing all that rackett. I see it way to many times when emergency vehicles don't clear and intersection before proceeding. They don't have the right away...

I'm not saying this was the case in this instance...JMHO.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I drive the ambo with ease, especially with patients in the back. Nothing like trying to do pt care while you're getting thrown the back of the ambo by some psycho driver who thinks he owns the road. I also don't run every damn siren and air horn like a maniac while transporting, it just makes the pt (not pri 1 blue) more stressed hearing all that rackett. I see it way to many times when emergency vehicles don't clear and intersection before proceeding. They don't have the right away...

I'm not saying this was the case in this instance...JMHO.

I'm with you. I've never driven an ambulance, but you can't run 80 while the IVT in the back is trying to start an IV on a patient. The driver has to drive defensive, but has to drive with due regard. I understand getting to the hospital with a priority patient is what you want to do quickly, but sometimes you have to slow down to go fast. Prime example, we've had two working house fires in the last four days, and not one time did our driver exceed 65. We have to understand that saving lives and property is our job, but we have to get there first to do it.
With that said, I don't know the instances surrounding the accident. I was pretty much rambling in that last paragraph. If the driver hit two vehicles, it sounds like he/she started into the intersection before they cleared it. Prayers are being sent to everyone involved.

wagondriver1

WOW - what are the chances? How did everyone fare?

Besides the patient from the original call, everyone else in the accident was taken to the hospital for check-ups and few bumps and bruises, nothing serious though.

On a side note, it never got posted by anyone but on Tuesday Dec. 1st around 1pm, there was another serious accident that LaPlata was on. It was at Marshalls Corner Road and Tulip Drive. 1 patient was trapped. Total of 2 patients, 1 - Priority 1 (Cat. A) and 1 - Priority 2 (Cat. B).

La plata Volunteer Fire Department

Be Safe.