Suicidal Subject - Mechanicsville

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Call went out as a man threatning to do harm to himself. About seven officers on scene, the subject just fired atleast two shots. He is armed with a shotgun. Radio silence on the police channel, officer advised all units are OK.

0010; And as quick as it started, it's over with. Subject is in custody, weapon is secured. Card being started for use of force.
0010; Only weapon discharge was from the suspect, one officer deployed their tazer.
0012; I guess I forgot to mention, the incident is on West Lakeland Drive

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I wasn't really suicidal. I just read in the other thread that the company x-mas party was cancelled. :ohwell:
That's NOT a nice thing to do to people in the morning before they've had their coffee! We were concerned there, for a minute! :smack:

JLS

Hope this person gets the help they need...

Call went out as a man threatning to do harm to himself. About seven officers on scene, the subject just fired atleast two shots. He is armed with a shotgun. Radio silence on the police channel, officer advised all units are OK.

0010; And as quick as it started, it's over with. Subject is in custody, weapon is secured. Card being started for use of force.
0010; Only weapon discharge was from the suspect, one officer deployed their tazer.
0012; I guess I forgot to mention, the incident is on West Lakeland Drive

G1G4

He sounded like he was pretty messed up. Police had more than one call on it from various neighbors. While the police were getting organized at the entrance to West Lakeland, the guy started firing shots. They said they didn't hear anything, but the area where they were going was a good distance away. They walked to the address, found the guy near the woodline and he fired atleast two shots (unknown if it was at the police, or in the air), and that's when atleast one officer discharged his tazer.

G1G4

On Dec. 13, at 11:40 p.m., patrol officers responded to a residence in Mechanicsville, for the report of a subject with a firearm.

Deputies responding observed a subject fire two shots into the air as they approached the residence. Deputies were able to subdue Rolf D. Hartman, 49 of Mechanicsville.

Further investigation revealed an argument had ensued over alleged sexual contact Hartman had with two juvenile female victims and had pointed a shotgun at family members when confronted regarding the alleged incidents. Detectives from BCI responded to the scene and assumed the investigation.

Following interviews with the two juvenile victims, it was determined Hartman had engaged in sexual contact with the two victims on separate occasions during the past several months.

Hartman was subsequently charged with Second-Degree Sex Offense, Third-Degree Sex Offense, two counts of First- Degree Assault and incarcerated in the Detention Center pending a bond hearing before the District Court Commissioner.

Shots Fired as Man is Confronted About Sexual Behavior - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

C

CalvertNewbie

On Dec. 13, at 11:40 p.m., patrol officers responded to a residence in Mechanicsville, for the report of a subject with a firearm.

Deputies responding observed a subject fire two shots into the air as they approached the residence. Deputies were able to subdue Rolf D. Hartman, 49 of Mechanicsville.

Further investigation revealed an argument had ensued over alleged sexual contact Hartman had with two juvenile female victims and had pointed a shotgun at family members when confronted regarding the alleged incidents. Detectives from BCI responded to the scene and assumed the investigation.

Following interviews with the two juvenile victims, it was determined Hartman had engaged in sexual contact with the two victims on separate occasions during the past several months.

Hartman was subsequently charged with Second-Degree Sex Offense, Third-Degree Sex Offense, two counts of First- Degree Assault and incarcerated in the Detention Center pending a bond hearing before the District Court Commissioner.

Shots Fired as Man is Confronted About Sexual Behavior - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

There are so many thoughts going through my head right now but I'm going to try not to get myself banned. Let's just say that I wish things had ended differently in this case for Mr. Hartman. Although I'm very thankful that he didn't shoot anyone in the house. Seems as though he's already done enough to harm innocent children.

W

White-Francis

Screw the taser....They should have just capped him in the head and saved us taxpayers some money!!

Sorry, I was having a bad day. What I had meant to say was "I'm sorry that some person felt badly enough about themselves to attempt to commit suicide and I'm thankful that our police responded in an appropriate way to the delicate situation."

Sorry for the confusion.

Black-Francis

Sorry, I was having a bad day. What I had meant to say was "I'm sorry that some person felt badly enough about themselves to attempt to commit suicide and I'm thankful that our police responded in an appropriate way to the delicate situation."

Sorry for the confusion.

He is a child molester, Whitey...... :shrug:

G1G4

Yeah, now you officially qualify as crazy. You have talked to yourself, and now have answered yourself.