Navy Rec Center fire

dgates80

Land of the lost
Listening to it :(

I take it he made it in safe last night? Is he home now or still there?

I made it to the base fine, just took just shy of two hours.

Trailer fire: flames evident, a unit asked for a trailer number and they said "it's the one with the flames!"

frequentflier

happy to be living
Listening to it :(

I take it he made it in safe last night? Is he home now or still there?

It took him a loong time to get to Pax. He made it home ok late this morning. We are settled in for a nice realxing evening...thanks for asking!
Your hubby still out in this?

dgates80

Land of the lost
It took him a loong time to get to Pax. He made it home ok late this morning. We are settled in for a nice realxing evening...thanks for asking!
Your hubby still out in this?

Getting home was pretty easy, most roads were plowed except the last 200 feet to the house. The CRE roads were pretty good actually.

Roasting a chicken! Just about finishing off the first bottle of wine. Only reason to go outside is to walk the dogs, IMHO.

Odd, not hearing anything from the Solomons Rec trailer fire. Either busy or turning out to be a non-event, dunno.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
The fire is a false alarm. Someone else saw flames and called it in. I think they said it was a grill or something..

He got home around 4am this morning and slept most of the day. He is home now. We did go out a little while ago and everything is deserted. Very few cars on the road. The roads are a mess but driveable in the right vehicle with the right driver.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Getting home was pretty easy, most roads were plowed except the last 200 feet to the house. The CRE roads were pretty good actually.

Roasting a chicken! Just about finishing off the first bottle of wine. Only reason to go outside is to walk the dogs, IMHO.

Odd, not hearing anything from the Solomons Rec trailer fire. Either busy or turning out to be a non-event, dunno.

What's the ETA for dinner? I am too lazy to walk up the stairs to find out. Oh, wait, I need some more wine! :lmao:

frequentflier

happy to be living
The fire is a false alarm. Someone else saw flames and called it in. I think they said it was a grill or something..

He got home around 4am this morning and slept most of the day. He is home now. We did go out a little while ago and everything is deserted. Very few cars on the road. The roads are a mess but driveable in the right vehicle with the right driver.

Hope he made some $$$ but knowing your hubby, he was just out there helping cuz he is that kind of guy!

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Hope he made some $$$ but knowing your hubby, he was just out there helping cuz he is that kind of guy!

He made some.... and he helped some free of charge. He did have one of our regulars call him.. and he towed him and the guy paid him double what he asked for.