MVA -- HG Truman & Cove Point Rd

dgates80

Land of the lost
1515 Rescue Box for MVA vehicle overturned, HG Truman & Cove Point Rd.
1519 now reported south of the golf course
1520 2 vehicles, near the Shell station. Vehicle upright.
1521 Availability of helos requested. 1 ejected.
1521 Helos are flying today.
1522 Location: south of Cove Point Rd. ?
1522 2ea Pri 1 patients.
1523 Chief 10b on scene
1523 Additional ambulances requested. Sounds bad.
1525 One fly out 'for sure', Pri 1 Catagory A
1526 Patients: Pri 1 Cat A 1 adult, 1 pediatric Pri 1 Cat D, 2 flyouts.
1527 Chief 3 on scene with command.
1528 Rescue 3 will handle the landing site, site TBD
1529 Trooper 7 and Eagle 1 for the flyouts, 22 minute ETA on both
1531 One of the refusals changed their mind and is now going to be transported.
1533 Landing site between Rt. 4 and HG Truman on Cove Point Rd. Going to get CSO shut down the road.
1537 Tow trucks responding
1542 Logistics being worked, medic / EMT / patient transport, setting up landing site.
1546 30 y/o female ejected passenger side, vehicle overturned on top of her, snow helped avoid much of the um, squish. Maintaining her own airway and is breathing on her own. IV established. Pediatric patient trapped in vehicle, now excticated. 7 minute ETA for Trooper 7.
1548 Confirmed, no Pri 4's, i.e., nobody killed.
1550 Transporting one or more patients to the landing site.
1552 Trooper 7 on FTAC 1, heading on for the landing now. No obstructions, area clear.
1554 Eagle 1 on the air, hearing Trooper 7 landing now, Eagle 1 ETA 6 minutes. Trooper 7 on the ground.
1601 Eagle 1 approaching landing site. Landing Eagle 1 on HG Truman side of landing site, Trooper 7 has not lifted yet.
1603 Eagle 1 making landing approach now.
1604 Eagle 1 on deck.
1605 Heard something about needing tow for three vehicles, possibly a third vehicle involved?
1617 Trooper 7 still on the ground. Eagle 1 lifting off now.
1618 Opening up HG Truman for traffic. LZ still hot though on Cove Point Rd.
1630 Heard a "all lanes open" call, might be Cove Point, not sure.
1630 Last Post.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
1515 Rescue Box for MVA vehicle overturned, HG Truman & Cove Point Rd.
1519 now reported south of the golf course
1520 2 vehicles, near the Shell station. Vehicle upright.
1521 Availability ofo helos requested. 1 ejected.
1521 Helos are flying today.
1522 Location: south of Cove Point Rd. ?
1522 2ea Pri 1 patients.

Where will the helo land? Is the park open?

dgates80

Land of the lost
Seems like it is taking a long time for Trooper 7 to lift. Patient is badly injured though, may be stablizing her before flying?? Can't be good to be ejected and have a Explorer roll over on top of ya...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Seems like it is taking a long time for Trooper 7 to lift. Patient is badly injured though, may be stablizing her before flying?? Can't be good to be ejected and have a Explorer roll over on top of ya...

I heard them say that the snow absorbed a lot of the impact when she was ejected from the vehicle, the snow saved her life.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

Most likely. She was probably multi-trauma, and the flight medic needs to stabalize her and do his assessment before they lift.

Niknak0320

Just wanted to say that this was my cousin, her husband and one of their daughters (5 years old).
My cousin was ejected from the passenger side and you are right, the snow saved her life. She was taken to Washington Hospital Center so that she could be flown out in the same helicopter that her daughter was being taken to Children's in. Her daughter was belted in and cut out by responders. She is bruised but ok. My cousins husband (the driver) was not injured but taken to CMH for xrays. He has since been released and taken by family members to be with my cousin and their daughter. My cousin is banged up head to toe but she is ok - menttally/emotionally she is a MESS though right now.

The story that I've been told is that a car was exiting it's driveway when another vehicle swerved to avoid it thus hitting my cousin's Explorer head on and causing it to flip.

I do not know if the person in the other vehicle was injured - or the person coming out of the driveway for that matter but from reading your posts it doesn't sound like it.

Macluvr

Just wanted to say that this was my cousin, her husband and one of their daughters (5 years old).
My cousin was ejected from the passenger side and you are right, the snow saved her life. She was taken to Washington Hospital Center so that she could be flown out in the same helicopter that her daughter was being taken to Children's in. Her daughter was belted in and cut out by responders. She is bruised but ok. My cousins husband (the driver) was not injured but taken to CMH for xrays. He has since been released and taken by family members to be with my cousin and their daughter. My cousin is banged up head to toe but she is ok - menttally/emotionally she is a MESS though right now.

The story that I've been told is that a car was exiting it's driveway when another vehicle swerved to avoid it thus hitting my cousin's Explorer head on and causing it to flip.

I do not know if the person in the other vehicle was injured - or the person coming out of the driveway for that matter but from reading your posts it doesn't sound like it.

Thank God everything will be ok! :huggy: Your cousin is very blessed to have had the snow there to save her.

Niknak0320

Think she'll wear her seatbelt now?

Yeah it sounds like she wasn't belted like her husband and daughter were but I don't have confirmation on that. They were just coming from Whitesell picking up a RX so I guess it's possible that she ran in and hadn't gotten it back on when they got on the road? I just don't have an answer for that right now. They say accidents happen close to home usually...they live down Cove Point Rd so that was true for them :(
She has a pneumothorax, a really yucky arm and a possible broken wrist - but alive thank God.

Niknak0320

oh and I heard that the car that hit them did not exactly hit head on - it hit on the driver side which caused the vehicle to roll apparently more than once.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

Atleast her child was buckled in, otherwise this would've been a very, very sad christmas. Accidents happen, but seatbelts need to be worn -- especially in these conditions.

Good to hear she is doing OK, though.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Yeah it sounds like she wasn't belted like her husband and daughter were but I don't have confirmation on that. They were just coming from Whitesell picking up a RX so I guess it's possible that she ran in and hadn't gotten it back on when they got on the road? I just don't have an answer for that right now. They say accidents happen close to home usually...they live down Cove Point Rd so that was true for them :(
She has a pneumothorax, a really yucky arm and a possible broken wrist - but alive thank God.

Glad that everyone is pretty much okay, especially this close to the holidays. Yet another reason to be thankful for this unusual December snowstorm. May you all have a very blessed holiday.