Search Party - Mechanicsville

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
On Baptist Church Road, fire department assisting the police with a search party. No details as of yet

2136; Two subjects tracking a deer in the woods got lost. Can't find their way back. Police on the scene.
2137; Subjects have been in the woods approx. 3 hours.
2139; Two brush units, jeep, rescue engine, squad, ambulance and a gator responding
2144; Staging units on Baptist Church Rd
2148; Staging changed to Hidden Acres Ct. Sheriffs Department has a blood hound enroute. Trooper 7's enroute, however, their infared is OOS. They will use the nightsun
2157; Having Gator 5 proceed to the driveway
2207; Nothing on the fire side yet
2208; Subjects are about 50 yards from 'the power lines.' They have a flashlight, they're going to a pole and remaining there until someone finds them.
2211; Subjects are out at the powerlines, I believe they said pole 43 or 143
2214; It's Pole 143 -- on the phone with SMECO to get a better locator
2217; Pole closest to the road is Pole 155
2222; Trooper 7 should be overhead shortly
2222; It's not a SMECO pole, Verizon owned pole
2222; After putting in the coordinates, they're halfway between Baptist Church Road and Mechanicsville Road
2243; No update on the fire side
2257; Still radio silence on the fire side
2302; Returning units, subjects found
2309; The drop off is a ravine. That would explain why they couldn't get out
2313; Sounds like some of the police are lost or disoriented. They're in the area of the ravine aka the drop off.
2216; Sounds like the lost officer has been found. Checking to make sure all are accounted for
2217; Original patients in the whole deal are walking away without any injuries.

Last edited:

G1G4

Officer on scene knows someone in the area with an ATV. They may be utilizing it, but they may also use the gator or Trooper 7.

belvak

Happy Camper
Hope they find them and everything turns out okay, but HOW do you get lost in woods that you hunt (and thus should know) with no leaves on trees? Can't you just head for the most lit piece of sky? Again, hope this turns out okay.

G1G4

Hope they find them and everything turns out okay, but HOW do you get lost in woods that you hunt (and thus should know) with no leaves on trees? Can't you just head for the most lit piece of sky? Again, hope this turns out okay.

My question is how in the hell do you get lost in the snow?

belvak

Happy Camper
Okay, another question... Who called in the lost report? If it was them, couldn't the Emergency Rescue folks do a GPS locate?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
On Baptist Church Road, fire department assisting the police with a search party. No details as of yet

2136; Two subjects tracking a deer in the woods got lost. Can't find their way back. Police on the scene.
2137; Subjects have been in the woods approx. 3 hours.
2139; Two brush units, jeep, rescue engine, squad, ambulance and a gator responding
2144; Staging units on Baptist Church Rd
2148; Staging changed to Hidden Acres Ct. Sheriffs Department has a blood hound enroute. Trooper 7's enroute, however, their infared is OOS. They will use the nightsun
2157; Having Gator 5 proceed to the driveway
2207; Nothing on the fire side yet
2208; Subjects are about 50 yards from 'the power lines.' They have a flashlight, they're going to a pole and remaining there until someone finds them.

After just three hours??

Did they call 911 themselves and say.. "IT's getting dark and we're scared!!"?

belvak

Happy Camper
Yet another question... Someone here looking on my computer screen said, "Isn't deer season over"?

G1G4

Maybe

Okay, another question... Who called in the lost report? If it was them, couldn't the Emergency Rescue folks do a GPS locate?

They need to have it enabled on their phone, and then it creates a triangle radius of about 15? miles. In Mechanicsville, that can be a big area. They probably called and knew where they were at, since Fireboard was able to establish contact with them.

After just three hours??

Did they call 911 themselves and say.. "IT's getting dark and we're scared!!"?

:lol: Probably.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Damn- I just called the wife, that's right up the street from my house.

She was sound asleep...oops :whistle:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Can't imagine they can be so far into the woods where they wouldn't hear a helicopter. If they just tell them where they entered the woods at, the lost knuckleheads should be able to guide them to their location when they hear it provided their cell is still up.

belvak

Happy Camper
Maybe

They need to have it enabled on their phone, and then it creates a triangle radius of about 15? miles. In Mechanicsville, that can be a big area. They probably called and knew where they were at, since Fireboard was able to establish contact with them.

:lol: Probably.

Okay, once again...

"HEAD TOWARDS THE LIGHT"!!!

Wait, we're not talking Three Wise Men here, are we?

Sorry, it was there and I just had to take it!

G1G4

Yet another question... Someone here looking on my computer screen said, "Isn't deer season over"?

I think blackpowder is, I'm not sure about anything else.

Can't imagine they can be so far into the woods where they wouldn't hear a helicopter. If they just tell them where they entered the woods at, the lost knuckleheads should be able to guide them to their location when they hear it provided their cell is still up.

Trooper 7 hasn't gone airborne. They're waiting on the word from Command to give them the OK. Syscom is requiring them to narrow the air down before they'll put the helo in the air.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I think blackpowder is, I'm not sure about anything else.

Trooper 7 hasn't gone airborne. They're waiting on the word from Command to give them the OK. Syscom is requiring them to narrow the air down before they'll put the helo in the air.

Okay maybe a flare? Air horn? Start shooting into the woods till someone sez ouch? How freaking big can any woods in Mechanicsville be? Pax has an H-60 for SAR and they have a FLIR.