farther &daughter hunt

h2ofowler

just got a 2 person ladder stand , my daughter will get hunt with me this SAT:clap: can't wait she's 10 yrs old & darn good shot ....was sick early last week with flu:barf: but now she's much better & chomp'in at the bit...sure hope we have some luck:crazy:

Jameo

What?!
Originally posted by h2ofowler
just got a 2 person ladder stand , my daughter will get hunt with me this SAT:clap: can't wait she's 10 yrs old & darn good shot ....was sick early last week with flu:barf: but now she's much better & chomp'in at the bit...sure hope we have some luck:crazy:

That's great that your daughter is a hunter too! Not to many of us female hunters out there! Best of luck to both of ya'll!

Is this her first hunt?

h2ofowler

Re: Re: farther &daughter hunt

Originally posted by Jameo
That's great that your daughter is a hunter too! Not to many of us female hunters out there! Best of luck to both of ya'll!

Is this her first hunt?

for whitetails ,yes but she 's been duckhunting with me alot & has made some shots on birds that I missed!!!!!:dance:

calamity jane

Good luck to your little girl, and congratulations to you for being a great Dad. Take it from me, she will never forget these times.:clap:

h2ofowler

no deer :mad: but we did have a red fox walk up within 15 yds ...watched it for 15 to 20 min . it kept digging in the ground & chewing some kinda root:confused: but we did get a picture of it.

K

Kizzy

My dad took me hunting a few times. Kinda sucked sitting in the tree stand without talking for hours.

Vince

Hey huntr, I think that's great. Did you take her for blackpowder or regular firearms? My daughter is 20 and loves to go shooting with me. She's never hunted for lack of time, but she wants to go deer hunting in the worst way. Taking her to Ohio next year for regular deer season. No rifles, just shotgun. Maybe I'll get her a blackpowder, but I don't think she'll be able to load it.

Originally posted by Vince
Hey huntr, I think that's great. Did you take her for blackpowder or regular firearms? My daughter is 20 and loves to go shooting with me. She's never hunted for lack of time, but she wants to go deer hunting in the worst way. Taking her to Ohio next year for regular deer season. No rifles, just shotgun. Maybe I'll get her a blackpowder, but I don't think she'll be able to load it.
Wan't me, my daughter doesn't turn 1 for 'bout another month.
Don't underestimate your daughter, my muzzleloaders aren't hard to load. Just have to have a good ball starter. No sexual inuendoes there folks, keep your dirty minds off that statement!
Where does she live? If she is in SoMd, I MAY be able to hook you up with some property to take her to next year.

calamity jane

Yeah, females can shoot blackpowder. It's a lot of fun. I'm a female shooter/hunter. My daughter did a little, too, but really had not much interest in it. Now, if you want to let her try something, introduce her to archery, and watch what happens.
Girls, young and old can do great at archery.
It's good to hear about girls being introduced to firearms and hunting, it gives them their own experiences for later on, when they encounter people who are anti-gun and hunting.