Police activity Hughesville Area?

belvak

Happy Camper
My folks just called to let us know they made it home okay and said as they were headed north on 5 around Hughesville, about 4 police cars went flying by them heading south. This would have been around 7:45 or so I think. I didn't look at the clock when they left. Anybody know what was up? TIA

Hoover

My folks just called to let us know they made it home okay and said as they were headed north on 5 around Hughesville, about 4 police cars went flying by them heading south. This would have been around 7:45 or so I think. I didn't look at the clock when they left. Anybody know what was up? TIA

It had to be a domestic dispute of some sort.

OldHillcrestGuy

I was thinking that too. Would State Police from CC go into SMC? :confused:

Not unless it was a signal 13, officer in trouble.

Going back to the original belvak's post, about that time there was a call on the fire side out Rt. 6 off Roundhill Road, didnot here what it was for but alot of appartus from Hughesville responded and other stations responded, it was a EMS call, and Im not sure if the police responded or not, but its quicker if your in Hughesville to go into St Marys and then turn onto Rt. 6 and then back into Charles then to go out Oliver Shop Rd to Rt. 6. for the area that the call was in.

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper
Not unless it was a signal 13, officer in trouble.

Going back to the original belvak's post, about that time there was a call on the fire side out Rt. 6 off Roundhill Road, didnot here what it was for but alot of appartus from Hughesville responded and other stations responded, it was a EMS call, and Im not sure if the police responded or not, but its quicker if your in Hughesville to go into St Marys and then turn onto Rt. 6 and then back into Charles then to go out Oliver Shop Rd to Rt. 6.

They definitely said police cars. They may have gone by before any other apparatus came through though. Thanks for the info guys!

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
If the police were in Hughesville they wouldnt have been going to Golden Beach, different county.

Some people confuse Charlotte Hall with Hughesville. Plus, belvak said around, and at the same time was there was a domestic disturbance in Golden Beach, so I put two and two together. :shrug:

Going back to the original belvak's post, about that time there was a call on the fire side out Rt. 6 off Roundhill Road, didnot here what it was for but alot of appartus from Hughesville responded and other stations responded, it was a EMS call, and Im not sure if the police responded or not, but its quicker if your in Hughesville to go into St Marys and then turn onto Rt. 6 and then back into Charles then to go out Oliver Shop Rd to Rt. 6. for the area that the call was in.

That happened around 1730. It was a priority 1 trouble breathing call.

OldHillcrestGuy

Some people confuse Charlotte Hall with Hughesville. Plus, belvak said around, and at the same time was there was a domestic disturbance in Golden Beach, so I put two and two together. :shrug:

That happened around 1730. It was a priority 1 trouble breathing call.

They also confuse Charlotte Hall with Mechcanicsville.

Hey G1G4 to big working fires the past 2 days in Charles, last night in St Charles, today out Rt 225 toward Po Heights.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill

Hey G1G4 to big working fires the past 2 days in Charles, last night in St Charles, today out Rt 225 toward Po Heights.

That's because part of Charlotte Hall is in Charles County and part of Charlotte Hall is in St. Mary's County. I used to live on DuBois Road as a kid, which was Charlotte Hall (Charles County), but the post office was in SMC.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Ryceville Road is considered Mechanicsville, but that too is part Charles/part St. Mary's.

And while we're at it, I've never understood why Golden Beach is considered Mechanicsville when the Charlotte Hall Post Office is closer? :confusing:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

I heard about the one today, I didn't know about the one yesterday. I didn't catch where it was at, I just figured it was towards La Plata since the engine and tanker were filling in there. I was going to Waldorf this afternoon when they started dropping fill in tones.

That's because part of Charlotte Hall is in Charles County and part of Charlotte Hall is in St. Mary's County. I used to live on DuBois Road as a kid, which was Charlotte Hall (Charles County), but the post office was in SMC.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Ryceville Road is considered Mechanicsville, but that too is part Charles/part St. Mary's.

And while we're at it, I've never understood why Golden Beach is considered Mechanicsville when the Charlotte Hall Post Office is closer? :confusing:

Yeah, if your headed south on 5 where Charlotte Hall School Rd is, the Charles County DPW line ends there, and SMC picks it up. It's weird, any box assignments from New Market Turner Rd north automatically get Charles 2 added because technically, they're closer than Mechanicsville.

OldHillcrestGuy

I heard about the one today, I didn't know about the one yesterday. I didn't catch where it was at, I just figured it was towards La Plata since the engine and tanker were filling in there. I was going to Waldorf this afternoon when they started dropping fill in tones.

Yeah, if your headed south on 5 where Charlotte Hall School Rd is, the Charles County DPW line ends there, and SMC picks it up. It's weird, any box assignments from New Market Turner Rd north automatically get Charles 2 added because technically, they're closer than Mechanicsville.

Geography lesson: Heading south on Rt. 5 Charles County line is before Mohawk, and just across from McKays, next intersection is Charlotte Hall Rd, (not school) by Lighthouse Liquors, Charlotte Hall School Rd is down where you turn into Veterens Home and the vistor center.
Hughesville can give MVFD a good run to that intersection (5 & 6) depending on how they catch the lights. Its 2 miles to Oaks and 5 (WaWa) from the station, from MVFD its nearly 6 miles.

Last edited:

Miker/t

I think around that time there was something on Bassford Rd. Something about one person with a gun and another with a sledge hammer.

The fire on 225 was a bar (Halfway?) that was report with heavy black smoke showing. EMS Chief 7 called on the scene while returning from Civista and fire was soon reported through the roof. Evacuation tones were sounded shortly after units started working due to a floor collapsing. They were on scene for probably 2 hours.

D-35

Public Safety Announcement (PSA)

Never bring a sledge hammer to a gunfight--You'll only die tired! :popcorn:

(Hmmm, Sure wish I could take the credit for the "you'll only die tired " riff.)