Cre?

daisy

Tons and TONS of sirens in Ches. Ranch Estates for about the last 20-25 minutes...anyone know what's going on? It must be close by because its loud enough that it woke me up, but I can't see whatever it is from my home...

B

Bronwyn

Sorry. If I wasn't away for christmas vacation I'd be monitoring the calvert scanner... just hope I have a home to come back to. :lol:

sparkysgirl

It was a 2 car accident right on the bend at Bowie and Thunderbird. Looked worse than it was. One pt complained of neck pain, the other two a little sternum pain from airbags. All were transported to be checked out, but it was nothing major.

corollinout

There was something going on around Santa Rosa Rd too. Firetrucks passed my house and woke my son up from his nap. Anyone hear anything about that? I know later in the day a firetruck went back to the area and a black van that looked like a hearse came from the same direction.

B

Bronwyn

There was something going on around Santa Rosa Rd too. Firetrucks passed my house and woke my son up from his nap. Anyone hear anything about that? I know later in the day a firetruck went back to the area and a black van that looked like a hearse came from the same direction.

Sounds like an elderly person may have passed away at home. They normally come with a van to pick them up. I doubt that would have gone over the scanner though.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Sounds like an elderly person may have passed away at home. They normally come with a van to pick them up. I doubt that would have gone over the scanner though.

The police usually request a funeral home. Of course, they don't go right out and say 'Give me a hearse, we have a dead person here.'

B

Bronwyn

The police usually request a funeral home. Of course, they don't go right out and say 'Give me a hearse, we have a dead person here.'

Depends. When my grandpa passed away he was under hospice care. When the time came the police were never involved, the funeral home came straight out.

I don't have a lot of experience with home deaths. At the hospital it was always a hearse, even for medical examiners cases that were heading for baltimore.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Depends. When my grandpa passed away he was under hospice care. When the time came the police were never involved, the funeral home came straight out.

I don't have a lot of experience with home deaths. At the hospital it was always a hearse, even for medical examiners cases that were heading for baltimore.

When a death happens at a home to a person that doesn't have an illness, the police are usually called. They can (and usually do) investigate the death.

B

Bronwyn

Without saying too much, fire department was called back to assist with manpower.

Ahhh... that makes sense.

When a death happens at a home to a person that doesn't have an illness, the police are usually called. They can (and usually do) investigate the death.

Right, for any unexpected death. I was thinking more along the lines of elderly...