Shooting/Attempted Suicide

rusty27

Beware of the dog
I must apologize in advance because I caught the end of the call but self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Patient still has a pulse and is trying to breath on his/her own. Does not sound good at all. Helo is down due to the weather(fog I think). I believe they said it was off of River Rd......not exactly sure. Prayers to those involved and hope they pull through.

2248: Patient loaded in Ambulance 69...priority 1 to St. Mary's...CPR in progress.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Very sad info. There are many River Rd's in this county though. The last one I knew of was in PP and was also self inflicted and was my co-workers cousin. Very sad though and prayers to all.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Very sad info. There are many River Rd's in this county though. The last one I knew of was in PP and was also self inflicted and was my co-workers cousin. Very sad though and prayers to all.

River Road in Tall Timbers. It was a female. Sadly, it's that time of the year. I have the scanner on. I expect it to get pretty busy pretty quick now.

royhobie

hobieflyer
Depression is up over 300% in SMC over the last several years and climbs more every year. State has similar high numbers. Funding to treat this issue has been cut drastically because of our horrible economy that the politicans keep telling us is getting better, WHILE THEY GIVE BILLIONS $$ TO FOREIGN NATIONS who ARE NOT AMERICANS! People out of work is a big part of it, but it is also brought on my mental illness, and or side effects of certain medications (particuarlly those used by teens or preteens) is an added factor. It is completely horrible, but I expect it to get worse.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Depression is up over 300% in SMC over the last several years and climbs more every year. State has similar high numbers. Funding to treat this issue has been cut drastically because of our horrible economy that the politicans keep telling us is getting better, WHILE THEY GIVE BILLIONS $$ TO FOREIGN NATIONS who ARE NOT AMERICANS! People out of work is a big part of it, but it is also brought on my mental illness, and or side effects of certain medications (particuarlly those used by teens or preteens) is an added factor. It is completely horrible, but I expect it to get worse.

that's just depressing

I was feeling pretty good...... need my anti-depressants now......

Thanx.. :ohwell:

Where did you come up with that number?

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I would be curious to see what the numbers are for the country. I have been depressed ever since Obama took office. I was supposed to get paid from him and I have yet to get a check. He was supposed to fix it all for me and yet nothing. Makes me want to suck on a barrel sometimes. :bigwhoop:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
And, we've taken this thread away from the original issue which was concern over an initial scanner report. In that vein, I apologize for my part in that and am sending out thoughts & prayers to the victim and family as depression is a serious thing and often has tragic consequences not just for the depressed person but to all involved in their lives.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Where did you come up with that number?

Probably out of his azz, since Maryland has a lower rate than the national average and the number is actually decreasing.

The only number that is increasing is the number treated as education and access to care make it possible for more people to receive treatment.