Wow what a sound

SJSWING

Listening to the scanner new years night. Medic 101 from Calvert responding to a call. All of a sudden you hear the EMT come over yelling in frantic distress. They were involved in a accident at Cove Point and Rt. 4. 4 are going to be transported to the hospital.

The sound of the medic calling for help on the radio after the accident was very shocking. To hear the voice of someone in distress just a few seconds after the accident.

saggy

Saggy
Listening to the scanner new years night. Medic 101 from Calvert responding to a call. All of a sudden you hear the EMT come over yelling in frantic distress. They were involved in a accident at Cove Point and Rt. 4. 4 are going to be transported to the hospital.

The sound of the medic calling for help on the radio after the accident was very shocking. To hear the voice of someone in distress just a few seconds after the accident.

Had 1 priority 1 with head injury but copters were down due to weather, 2 priority 2 and still listening. Then they were trying to catch a white truck who was suppose to be all over the road. Several other trouble breathing calls. Hope everyone is ok-Head injury's are never good. I didn't hear if it was an open or closed head injury tho. I've been in enough accidents (none my fault) to understand-after an accident you do things and you wonder why you did them later. He was just very upset, just hope he's ok.

cgwife

So sad.......Hubby and I were just falling asleep when we heard the frantic call. Praying everyone involved is o.k.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet

If your laying down and you have your scanner just so you can barely hear it, you'l jump up when you hear someone in frantic distress.

SJSWING

Would be nice to find a article on the accident....Just for the piece of mind that everyone involved is doing good.

It made the wife and I realize how lucky we really are.....the only thing we could think of after hearing the call go out was the call center. Imagine everyday being on the phone answering a handful of calls like that. They really have to be imune to it, but for us, hearing this left the tight feeling in the stomach that evening while listening to the rest of the call.

I

Irish_Eyes

Would be nice to find a article on the accident....Just for the piece of mind that everyone involved is doing good.

It made the wife and I realize how lucky we really are.....the only thing we could think of after hearing the call go out was the call center. Imagine everyday being on the phone answering a handful of calls like that. They really have to be imune to it, but for us, hearing this left the tight feeling in the stomach that evening while listening to the rest of the call.

A friend of mine used to work the call center, and often got stuck on duty on the worst nights of the year. Believe me, they're not immune at all... he used to come over after he'd get off work and we'd have hot tea or coffee while he got it all out of his system. There were nights when all he did after he showed up was sit and cry. They learn to sort of "shut down" while they're on the job, because they have to stay calm, but for a lot of them, when they get off the job, they have to get it out of their systems or they break down. It really used to tear me up.

I do hope everyone involved was OK though, and I'll be watching this thread and the news reports for any articles related to it.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

My hubby took the call when it came into the control center. Prayers for everyone involved. Please drive to survive and don't drink and drive.

D-35

Putting It on the Line on a Daily Basis

May GOD bless all of you selfless First Responders.

I can't imagine the chaos that we'd have if you guys and gals weren't out there protecting us from ourselves.

Your sacrifices to our communities will never be forgotten!

Have a safe 2010! We will not forget you.

RBF, California, MD

wagondriver1

I was told by a friend that the Medic was released from the Hospital yesterday sometime. The other person with them was the Pri. 1 Head Trauma patient was in ICU yesterday and sometime during the day was listed in stable condition and could have vistiors. So that is definetly a good sign. Not sure on the others involved in the crash.

cgwife

I was told by a friend that the Medic was released from the Hospital yesterday sometime. The other person with them was the Pri. 1 Head Trauma patient was in ICU yesterday and sometime during the day was listed in stable condition and could have vistiors. So that is definetly a good sign. Not sure on the others involved in the crash.

Thats great news!!!!! Was the Priority 1 person in the Medic Unit as well? Anyone know what cause the crash? Still sending prayers to all involved!