A prayer for those who pray...

watercolor

yeah yeah
If you could- please pray for my dad.

He went to the doctors 2 weeks ago, and they found cancer in the cartalidge that is between the nostrils. Of all places. :sad: Thursday he had surgery to remove the cancer, and they had to do skin graphing to replace the area's that were removed.

The entire middle part of his nose was removed and is now replaced with peices from his backside, and behind his ear. He said he doesnt know how anyone could get plastic surgery, because it hurts immensely. :frown:

If you could just pray for a speedy recovery and such, along with hopes that they got all of the cancer out- it would be greatly appreicated.

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by watercolor
If you could- please pray for my dad.

He went to the doctors 2 weeks ago, and they found cancer in the cartalidge that is between the nostrils. Of all places. :sad: Thursday he had surgery to remove the cancer, and they had to do skin graphing to replace the area's that were removed.

The entire middle part of his nose was removed and is now replaced with peices from his backside, and behind his ear. He said he doesnt know how anyone could get plastic surgery, because it hurts immensely. :frown:

If you could just pray for a speedy recovery and such, along with hopes that they got all of the cancer out- it would be greatly appreicated.

Watercolor, what is your Father's First name so I can pray the Chotki for him.

Z

zuchick

His name is Keith. What is the Chotki, zuchick?

While many people are familiar with the Roman Catholic Rosary, not as many area aware of the Eastern Christian Chotki. The Orthodox and Eastern Catholics have the Chotki, a prayer rope of 25, 33, 50, 100 or 103 beads, used to focus one's thoughts on the "Jesus Prayer". As the Eastern Christian posture of reverent prayer is standing, so the chotki may be said standing with bows, prostrations or making the sign of the cross.

The prayer ropes (Komboskini in Greek, Chotki in Rusyn) are used in saying the Prayer of the Heart also known as the Jesus Prayer. The traditional prayer of the prayer beads is an adaptation of the prayer of the publican who cried out, "O God, have mercy on me, a sinner." (LK 18: 9-14) The Lord said that this man went home from the Temple "justified."

Early Christians made several variations of this prayer which became know as the Jesus Prayer. It has come down to us in three forms: 1. "Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me." 2. "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." 3. "Lord Jesus Christ, by the prayers of the Blessed Theotokos, have mercy on me."

The Jesus Prayer is said on each bead. For special intentions, you substitute the name of another who is sick or in need of special prayers. "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on ......."

When this prayer becomes somewhat automatic the next step is to move the prayer from the head to the heart. One does this by trying to focus the prayer on their heart.

The prayer itself is an act of humility calling out for God's merciful help. The tassel at the end is to to dry one's tears. The tradition of the prayer ropes pre- dates the Rosary and goes back to the 7th century.

C

Chicagofan

:huggy: I'll not only pray for your Dad but I will pray for you too.
My Dad was diagnosed Oct. 15th and passed away Nov. 22nd, so I understand your fear and worry.
This does not mean that this will happen with your dad,I'll pray that it was found soon enough and can be treated.:huggy:

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by Chicagofan
My Dad was diagnosed Oct. 15th and passed away Nov. 22nd, so I understand your fear and worry.
This does not mean that this will happen with your dad,I'll pray that it was found soon enough and can be treated.:huggy:

May God rest your father's Soul Chicago. I am sorry to hear of your lose..

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Chicagofan

This is my step dad they found cancer in. It was a form of melenoma (sp) but not the deadly kind. :clap: But of course, I still love him as my father! :smile:

My real father passed away in 1994 from pancreatic cancer. so I know what it's like being that we were VERY close like- white on rice. Pure daddy's girl. It will be 9 years on Dec. 22nd that I lost my dad. It is a very painful thing too. He was diagnosed August/94, and I lost him 4 months later. :sad: I try to overcome it everyday it seems. Even more so now, since a new milestone happened in my life. But- I will make it.

Z

zuchick

This is my step dad they found cancer in. It was a form of melenoma (sp) but not the deadly kind. :clap: But of course, I still love him as my father! :smile:

My real father passed away in 1994 from pancreatic cancer. so I know what it's like being that we were VERY close like- white on rice. Pure daddy's girl. It will be 9 years on Dec. 22nd that I lost my dad. It is a very painful thing too. He was diagnosed August/94, and I lost him 4 months later. :sad: I try to overcome it everyday it seems. Even more so now, since a new milestone happened in my life. But- I will make it.

May God rest his soul. How old was he WC?

Z

zuchick

When my father died he was 43. *sigh* very young.

Yes very young indeed.. He was born in 1952 wasn't he? I was born Christmas Day Jan 7th, 1953..

Z

zuchick

Yes. His bday was Sept. 22.

My father fell alseep in Christ in 1979 and mom in 1991, may God rest both their souls. I still remember them in Prayer every night during Evening Prayers.

You know there has not been very many hours past in a day that go by that I do not think of them. I do this so their faces will be crisp in my mind's eye view. I remember when we were living in St Clements Shores I was driving to work one morning to NESEA. I was thinking about dad and came to a conclussion.. I am my father.. I have the same fear, wants, desires, needs and disposition he had. when I came to that conclussion I almost wrecked to think I would ever be like my dad. But you know it ain't so bad being like dad.. Can't think of a better person to memic. Him and mom have been gone all these years and still miss them GREATLY. Hope I always do. But ya know, I am positive that both of them are still looking out for me along with my Guardian Angel and St Michael the Arch Angel.. They have to be else I would have been dead years ago.

And at the rate I'm going it want be but a couple more years before I will be with them.. I only hope the Heavenly Father will wait because I have a couple more things I need to do and then I'm His. I hope.