Working Commercial Building Fire - Huntingtown

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Anyone got any updates? Baynet provided:

Firefighters in Calvert County are on the scene of a commercial building fire in Huntingtown.

Crews were dispatched to the 2400 block of Emmanuel Court off of Emmanuel Church Road shortly before noon for report of a working fire.

Units arrived on the scene to discover heavy fire showing from a 40 x 40 commercial structure housing L. J. Elter & Son Power Equipment.

No reports of injuries at this time.

More information to follow as it becomes available.

C

CalvertNewbie

Anyone got any updates? Baynet provided:

No updates, just being nosey too. Glad to hear no injuries.

Trucks just went past my house a few minutes ago so I came on here to see what was going on. That's a residential street, hope the fire doesn't spread to the woods or neighbors homes. It's pretty windy here right now.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
No updates, just being nosey too. Glad to hear no injuries.

Trucks just went past my house a few minutes ago so I came on here to see what was going on. That's a residential street, hope the fire doesn't spread to the woods or neighbors homes. It's pretty windy here right now.

Hope not. Wind dried the ground up pretty good, and with it being breezy, it'll move about quickly.

I turned the scanner on and heard something about explosions from a shed. Sounds like they have it pretty much under control now.

Yeah, probably doing exterior operations for now. They've got a combine fire in Avenue, and they've been there for over an hour. I think they just now got the fire out. They were having a hard time accessing it, then they couldn't put it out with the brush truck they had, and they had to stretch a good deal of hose from a pumper-tanker. Then they couldn't get the adapters right, then they lost the nozzle. Sounded like a mess.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Hope not. Wind dried the ground up pretty good, and with it being breezy, it'll move about quickly.

Yeah, probably doing exterior operations for now. They've got a combine fire in Avenue, and they've been there for over an hour. I think they just now got the fire out. They were having a hard time accessing it, then they couldn't put it out with the brush truck they had, and they had to stretch a good deal of hose from a pumper-tanker. Then they couldn't get the adapters right, then they lost the nozzle. Sounded like a mess.

Never easy, if it was a lot more people would be doing it.