Calvert scanner - firefighters?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
What is "THIS"? can't hear nothing and my speakers are on......:confused:

In addition to police calls, I'm hearing a bunch of firefighters doing "mayday" calls & giving their locations with feet into the building, etc. I'm really hoping it's some kind of a training exercise & not a real fire somewhere.

If you haven't heard anything for a while, try disconnecting & reconnecting. It's been pretty active the last 15 minutes or so.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
In addition to police calls, I'm hearing a bunch of firefighters doing "mayday" calls & giving their locations with feet into the building, etc. I'm really hoping it's some kind of a training exercise & not a real fire somewhere.

If you haven't heard anything for a while, try disconnecting & reconnecting. It's been pretty active the last 15 minutes or so.

Location?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Location?

Haven't heard that from them. If they do training like this live with command (I have no clue about this obviously) then it is probably that. I hear different people calling to command & reporting finding a helmet. command keeps telling them to check & make sure it's not theirs. The command people seem to sound very very calm so I'm hoping it's training.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Haven't heard that from them. If they do training like this live with command (I have no clue about this obviously) then it is probably that. I hear different people calling to command & reporting finding a helmet. command keeps telling them to check & make sure it's not theirs. The command people seem to sound very very calm so I'm hoping it's training.

That's just it, they are very calm. I've heard so many fires and what they sound like during a real fire, they are never that calm.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
It's training, I'm hearing it now, more than likely it's Huntingtown.

Please share with me how you tell if it's training or not -- I've been sitting here getting really worried about these poor firefighters all getting trapped & putting out maydays (okay -- it's a blonde moment -- I have them every now & then..). Is it because the guys responding are responding rote & sounding kind of bored now?

Listening to this I think I should increase the annual contribution to the local fire department (volunteers, all!). They really do a dangerous job!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Please share with me how you tell if it's training or not -- I've been sitting here getting really worried about these poor firefighters all getting trapped & putting out maydays (okay -- it's a blonde moment -- I have them every now & then..). Is it because the guys responding are responding rote & sounding kind of bored now?

Listening to this I think I should increase the annual contribution to the local fire department (volunteers, all!). They really do a dangerous job!

Son is paid out of county and a volunteer with Huntingtown.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
That's just it, they are very calm. I've heard so many fires and what they sound like during a real fire, they are never that calm.

Thanks! I"m now reconsidering whether I really want the youngest in the junior firefighters thing..

Guess I should stop spending my Friday evenings listening to the scanner! :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical

They are very calm and they are calling out their names, they never call out their names on a real fire, and least not that I've ever heard.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
They are very calm and they are calling out their names, they never call out their names on a real fire, and least not that I've ever heard.

thanks! Question -- so, if it was a real fire and they were doing a mayday, how would command know who it was? Do they use numbers or some other identifying feature? I'm very curious now -- I need to go find some of our vounteers & bug them with questions (when they're not busy of course!).

Bay_Kat

Tropical
thanks! Question -- so, if it was a real fire and they were doing a mayday, how would command know who it was? Do they use numbers or some other identifying feature? I'm very curious now -- I need to go find some of our vounteers & bug them with questions (when they're not busy of course!).

I've never actually heard a real mayday during a fire, but you'd hear a lot more departments responding and also there would be evacuation tones, also, you'll notice the dispatcher seems to be completely ignoring it, if it were real dispatch would definitely be involved.