MVA One Into the Woods W/ Entrapment - California

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
In the area of Green Holly ES. Reported to be a vehicle into the woods with a subject(s) trapped.

1110; Two BLS ambulances mark up at the dispatch
1111; Medic unit now on the air
1111; Put out on the police side as a vehicle into the woods with entrapment in the area of Green Holly ES.
1111; Sounds like they're taking numerous calls on it.
1111; Numerous units enroute, including atleast three BLS ambulances, medic unit and one squad.
1111; EMT on the scene advising serious injuries, with atleast one head injury. Now a semi-concious subject. Advising it's on the same side of the road as Green Holly ES.
1113; Now confirming atleast two calls.
1113; Checking the status of the helo.
1113; No units on the scene, starting the helo Category A for trauma.
1114; Safety 38 on the scene, confirming Category A flyout
1114; Two medic units enroute, three BLS ambulances, two squads, engine.
1115; No entrapment, patient is out of the vehicle. No loss of conciousness.
1115; Command advising patient is convulsing, serious head injuries. Helo is being started. Will advise further.
1116; Green Holly ES for the LZ.
1116; Placing Squad 7 in service.
1116; Engine 92 leaving the scene to handle the LZ at Green Holly
1117; Holding single BLS ambulance, medic unit, squad and engine.
1118; Trooper 4 from Salisbury -- 32 minute ETA.
1118; Returning Squad 3
1124; Advising the helo that the patient is going to be RSI'd
1125; Patient being loaded into the ambulance, enroute to the LZ momentarily.
1127; Now having to transport the patient by ground to SMH.
1128; Ambulance enroute to SMH Priority 1, awaiting the arrival of the helo.
1129; Trooper 2 just lifted off from PG - 15 minute ETA
1130; Still ground transporting to SMH, then flying from there
1132; Returning all units

Last edited:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
RSI Rapid Sequence Induction (intubation)- refers to the sedation and paralysis of patient prior to an intubation procedure. Usually performed by the helo-medic prior to transport. Good for combative/head injury patients. I've witnessed it being performed a few times...pretty cool!

Last edited:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Should also be noted that RSI can only be done by Paramedics. The decision was made by Medic 3 on the scene due to the patients deterioating condition.

DEEKAYPEE8569

RSI Rapid Sequence Induction (intubation)- refers to the sedation and paralysis of patient prior to an intubation procedure. Usually performed by the helo-medic prior to transport. Good for combative/head injury patients.

I have had this procedure performed on me when I had my first seizure. When I came to, though, I was choking and all I can remember is a nurse who; at the time; seemed to me to be almost yelling at me to cough; "Mr. ******* you have to cough!" "You have to take a breath and cough," she was saying rather loudly, it seemed. When I was coherent enough......well, you get it.....

"Rapid Sequence Induction".....say THAT three times fast out loud.

Sincerely though.....thoughts and prayers to the patient and family.

Last edited: