Bitter, bitter pill...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Oh my God.

I'm struggling to find the words.

The crowd chanting "here we go cowboys..."

This is the worst. The pits.

I have to be honest. There's nothing. There isn't a single Cowboy that raises my ire. It's not that they are better and they clearly are, it's just in the past, Jeez, at least we'd go down fighting. There was always SOMETHING to get excited about.

Congrats Cowboys.

K

Kain99

No... The pits are having a baby girl strutting through the house chanting that she just won $150.00 on this game. :frown: I think my baby has a gambling problem, and a home team spirit problem. :bawl:

Nanny Pam

Originally posted by Kain99
No... The pits are having a baby girl strutting through the house chanting that she just won $150.00 on this game. :frown: :bawl:

:lol: I betcha the DQ is over at her house doing the same thing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You people are...

...killing me with this 'to good to gloat' stuff.

It IS worse.

We're so bad...

"How bad are we?

We're so bad...the Cowboy fans can't be bothered to waste the salt in our gaping chest wounds.

:bawl:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: You people are...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
[BWe're so bad...the Cowboy fans can't be bothered to waste the salt in our gaping chest wounds.

:bawl: [/B]
I don't think it is a chest wound. Looked more like massive bleeding coming from the Skin's arses.

Hell, it’s the Redskins.
Hell, Misery.
Braves are a floor mat.
Wipe your feet on DC.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dude...

...I have never, in 40 years of rooting for the Skins, felt this...this...well, it's almost a sense of relief maybe?

There is simply no hope as long as Snyder runs the team.

I know he wants to win but hell, Bill Bidwell does to.

It's a football thing, a team thing and it ain't easy, especially when the three fundamentals of pro ball are just not part of the plan...

1. Play defense

2. Run the ball

3. Don't beat yourself

Spurrier, I like, BUT, defense is not his gig, he is a fair weather throw the ball coach and discipline was never a challenge at Florida when there is 3 solid kids behind every starter who can't wait for you to screw up.

I feel...numb.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Did someone ask for salt?

I heard the Skins' are actually gonna keep Spurrier next year. :killingme

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Larry, do you suppose that the 'Skins players have given up on Spurrier emotionally? It's like they're not even trying.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's not...

...'giving up' per se. They are pros and they all play hard most of the time. They want to win just like Snyder but it's in the 'how'.

The 'quiting' look is a combination of hesitation and a loss of edge, loss of confidence that does come from losing.

Exhibit A is the Cowboys. Basically the exact same team as last year on the field. They believe in what they are being taught, it's working, they beleive even more, they react a split second faster.
Coles said it felt like they knew what the Skins were gonna do.

They did. And we knew what they were going to run pretty much. With all the scouting and film there are no secrets in the NFL.

There is very, very little talent disparity in the NFL. Nobody picked the 'Boys to be the top D, to have an effective O, to play sharp.
They had no Troy Aikemen. No Emmit. No Michael.

Spurriers schemes are not working consistently at the NFL level.
Yesterday was classic NFL East football and the Skins couldn't stop the run and they couldn't run.

The defense had a giant hole in the middle of the D line long before the season started, everybody knew it and nothing was done to fix it.

They're paying Russel $700k to basically get in shape in the middle of the season. Wilkinson, I think, would have been here for a mil. Anyone wanted to argue that the NFL's #5 D of last year is better off now than with Big Daddy?

It's just talent evaluation. Continuity. Decisions. Players trusting the systems. It just isn't there, just like palces we've all worked at. You still do your job but you can't excell because the environment makes it virtually impossible.

Things are F'd up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I got cable man...

...if it don't run at 120 or better, it don't get downloaded!

Some kind of Eagles propaganda, right?

Well, the Eagles are a good example of how to DO it right.

Pick a coach and stick with him when things are going in the right direction. (Norv Turner)

Build the team and keep building.

At the begining of this season I probably knew as many Eagles names as Skins.

That is SAD.