The Ospreys are back spring is on the way

BillNSOMD

Saw the first returning Osprey this morning at Webster Field. By noon there were about a dozen flying around taking over the nests , looks like spring is coming yeah weeeee :yahoo:

For those that are interested this is a great site on the migration of our ospreys from North America to Colombia and back, they have satellite tracking on the birds , very interesting to see there trips down and back

the birds trip down
Migration09

Check out 2010 for the current trips back
Migration10

oldman

Lobster Land
That's good news. They need fish to survive which means it won't be much longer before I can get out and catch some. Nothing worse than seeing one of them carrying a bigger one than I can catch though. :killingme

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Really neat pictures and information. Thanks! :yay:

I did not know that the ospreys flew all he way down to Columbia...and back.

bookrat

Saw the first returning Osprey this morning at Webster Field. By noon there were about a dozen flying around taking over the nests , looks like spring is coming yeah weeeee :yahoo:

For those that are interested this is a great site on the migration of our ospreys from North America to Colombia and back, they have satellite tracking on the birds , very interesting to see there trips down and back

the birds trip down
Migration09

Check out 2010 for the current trips back
Migration10

Been a fan of that opsprey site for many years!
If you wnat a good place to talk osprey,,with out all the crap and such from this forum, check out : google Osprey