Dog Tails

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Hero Dog Keeps Lost 3-year-old Warm All Night

A three-year-old lost all night in the open in temperatures dropping to about 4C kept warm under her family's dog. Aiyana Picard wandered two miles from her home in the Colville Indian Reservation, Washington state. Searchers found her sitting under the family's dingo, Tip, The Seattle Times reports.

Search party member Skumheist Jack said: "A little dog popped its head up and there was the little girl sitting under him. That dog is the hero." Tribal police chief Rory Gilliland says the girl was slightly dehydrated and had a few cuts but is otherwise fine.

She'd wandered off with her family's three dogs - two came home but Tip stayed with her all night until she was found.
~~~~~~~

Implanted Microchip Helps Reunite Dog Lost in 1996 with Owner

A Florida dog has been reunited with its owner six years after it went missing thanks to a microchip implanted under its skin. A woman in Cincinnati found Pooh Bear looking dirty and matted and took the dog to her vet, Cheryl Devine.

Dr Devine scanned the chip and found out about her owner Bambi Lesne of Panama City - 620 miles away. Ms Lesne gave up searching for Pooh after three years. "She went everywhere with us. She was like one of my children," she said.

She says the 13-year-old black Pomeranian "howled with joy" when they arrived home and it saw her daughter Codi. The dog was handed over in Birmingham, Alabama, the Miami Herald reports.

K

Kizzy

She'd wandered off with her family's three dogs - two came home but Tip stayed with her all night until she was found

Well Tip gets the doggie treats and the other 2 selfish dogs get none. J/K What a great story! I love dedicated dog stories. I hope my dog would do the same if my 3 year old ever wondered away from home.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
great stories!! :biggrin:

back in the day.... my family used to raise chickens...
One day, our neighbor's dog had freed himself from his chain and was after our chickens to make himself a tasty dinner. Unfortunately, he had gotten a hold of one of our chickens and tore it up. When we got home, we found our dog (Spot) holding one of our chickens with his paws. At first, we thought Spot was trying to eat the chicken. Then, we realized he was holdin her and protecting her from the next-door dog. It was a beautiful site!!:biggrin: