Where to get ducklings?

fuzzerd

We are interested in getting about 3 ducklings some time soon. We used to have 2 ducks, but one was killed and now penny, the female, is very lonely. Is there anywhere you can get ducklings locally? We checked the Amish market yesterday, but none of the animals where there. We are willing to ride an hour in any direction (we live in Calvert) to pick them up. We are interested in almost any breed, except for white pekins because their coloring makes them, well....hawk bait:frown:

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
We are interested in getting about 3 ducklings some time soon. We used to have 2 ducks, but one was killed and now penny, the female, is very lonely. Is there anywhere you can get ducklings locally? We checked the Amish market yesterday, but none of the animals where there. We are willing to ride an hour in any direction (we live in Calvert) to pick them up. We are interested in almost any breed, except for white pekins because their coloring makes them, well....hawk bait:frown:
Tractor Supply Co. Store #777
10795 WAWA LN - WHITE PLAINS, MD 20695

Raising Poultry Expert Advice : Tractor Supply Company

kim2538

The farmer's market in Charlotte Hall will probably have some Saturday morning. Most of their animals are there on the weekend and with it being Easter I'm sure they will have chicks and ducklings.

fuzzerd

The farmer's market in Charlotte Hall will probably have some Saturday morning. Most of their animals are there on the weekend and with it being Easter I'm sure they will have chicks and ducklings.
Okay, we'll probably try there then. Thanks!

jedi2814

Okay, we'll probably try there then. Thanks!

If you don't have luck there I will be placing an order for chicks by the end of April - the same company has ducklings and as long as there is a large enough number total to ship total they would probably ship ducklings in the same order. PM me if you don't find what you want this weekend.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I just got 2 black Swedish, 2 Rouens and 4 Silver Appleyard ducklings from efowl.com to add to my flock. They're gorgeous and healthy and doing great!

What kind of duck do you have now? How old is she?

And if you want the best, most personable, funniest ducks in the word, get Muscovy ducks. If you're ever interested in Adult Muscovy let me know. I just got 4 beautiful girls from a rescue just a couple weeks ago. They were vetted, vaccinated etc. and the guy DROVE them to me from South Carolina and wouldn't take a dime from me. Not even for gas. Came complete with all their health/shot/vet records etc. He even brought food!!

Here's a pic of a pair of my muscovy.. I got these as weeks olds from a forum member last year and I love them!!! If you really want babies, one of my female muscovies ( the one in the pic) is setting now.. should be hatching in about a month.

Attachments

• Gerry2.jpg
    Gerry2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

fuzzerd

If you don't have luck there I will be placing an order for chicks by the end of April - the same company has ducklings and as long as there is a large enough number total to ship total they would probably ship ducklings in the same order. PM me if you don't find what you want this weekend.

We would only be ordering about three, so I don't think that would work.

fuzzerd

I just got 2 black Swedish, 2 Rouens and 4 Silver Appleyard ducklings from efowl.com to add to my flock. They're gorgeous and healthy and doing great!

What kind of duck do you have now? How old is she?

And if you want the best, most personable, funniest ducks in the word, get Muscovy ducks. If you're ever interested in Adult Muscovy let me know. I just got 4 beautiful girls from a rescue just a couple weeks ago. They were vetted, vaccinated etc. and the guy DROVE them to me from South Carolina and wouldn't take a dime from me. Not even for gas. Came complete with all their health/shot/vet records etc. He even brought food!!

Here's a pic of a pair of my muscovy.. I got these as weeks olds from a forum member last year and I love them!!! If you really want babies, one of my female muscovies ( the one in the pic) is setting now.. should be hatching in about a month.
We have a miniature mallard, who's 3 to 4 years old. We had a Rouen before, and she did fine. We found 2 runners, but would like to get a couple more of a different breed too.

Cowgirl

They don't ship ducks and chicks together. Minimum for most hatcheries ducks is usually 15 and chicks is usually 25.

fuzzerd

They don't ship ducks and chicks together. Minimum for most hatcheries ducks is usually 15 and chicks is usually 25.
Yeah, I know. We tried to order, but for three ducklings it would cost $70 b/c they would have to include a heat pack.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
You could also try Colliegal she raises them:popcorn:

I got my very first pair of Muscovy from Colliegal. Her homestead is INCREDIBLE. I was followed closely up her dirt road by an emu, named Curly, and loved on by a white chinese goose named Stanley! I loved it! I need to make up a reason to go back.
:lol:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
We have a miniature mallard, who's 3 to 4 years old. We had a Rouen before, and she did fine. We found 2 runners, but would like to get a couple more of a different breed too.

I love Runners!! They're sooo funny to watch!!! Like little bowling pins with legs.:killingme

And order from efowl Chickens and Ducks for Sale at eFowl.com - Mallards, Pekins, Pheasant, Geese, and more! they let ya order as few as 2.

My last order of the season came yesterday. 4 silver Appleyards. All healthy and soo cute! ( so of course i attached a pic)

Attachments

• babys 002.jpg
    babys 002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 145

PrepH4U

She keeps calling for him and just wanders looking for lost.

Yep get that duck a friend! I had a chicken do that after loosing her two friends to a neighbors dog & an eagle. She would follow the horses around and would come running up to the fence to even be with our dogs. You can tell when they are lonely.