Suicidal Osprey

TurboK9

No wonder these crazy birds are endangered. One circled my yard wayyy up high, and finally plummeted down, crashing into my tiny 18" deep Koi pond :jameo:, at an incredible speed. I thought for sure the bugger would have snapped his wee neck.

Didn't get a fish, haha. :yahoo: Also, didn't get killed... which I suppose I'm happy about :whistle: (just stay away from my fish ya crazy bird... your mother musta been a loon!). Someone needs to tell these birds, no diving in less than 12 feet of water!

Hee. It was really cool to see.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Ospreys aren't endangered. Hell just hang out on my front porch and you can watch them tear into their still wiggling catches. I had one in "THEIR" tree (over my driveway) with what looked like a bluefish that was at least 14 inches.

TurboK9

Ospreys aren't endangered. Hell just hang out on my front porch and you can watch them tear into their still wiggling catches. I had one in "THEIR" tree (over my driveway) with what looked like a bluefish that was at least 14 inches.

Eh whadda I know about conservation... LOL.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Eh whadda I know about conservation... LOL.

I do believe that they were a "threatened species" in the 70's though, so half credit>:yay:

HOWEVER, if that same osprey keeps going Kamikaze in your Koi pond then that particular critter could very well be endangered.:lol:

TurboK9

I do believe that they were a "threatened species" in the 70's though, so half credit>:yay:

HOWEVER, if that same osprey keeps going Kamikaze in your Koi pond then that particular critter could very well be endangered.:lol:

I put the net back over it, so for his sake I hope he has good eyes... Otherwise he'll have a brief WTF moment before he drowns. LOL