My Heat Pump Died

Y

yornoc

My heat pump just died and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations? :confused: I hate picking up the phonebook and calling companies at random without knowing their service reputation.

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: My Heat Pump Died

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
We have the same problem. It's to much to replace $4 or 5 thousand dollars.:frown:

I'd check around if I was you, that estimate is way too high for a mobile home.

Y

yornoc

Good News... I guess. I killed the circuit breaker for the heat pump and the AC unit and turned it on about 10 hours later and everything seem to be working. :dance: Go figure! Anyway, I'm going to leave it on and see what happens...Monday I'll still call and have it checked out because Thursday the high might be below freezing.

Thanks to everyone for the the assistance. :cheers:

lfquade

When its this cold outside, I use the emergency heat instead of the regular heat setting. So if yours stops again try using the emergency heat setting.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by cariblue
Must make for a nice electic bill.
She has got a point, if it is this cold, and I just use the heat without clicking it to the EM Heat setting... The heat that comes out is barely warm...
If it was just me in the house I would not worry about it, but with a small child...yadda yadda, you get it

lfquade

Originally posted by mainman
She has got a point, if it is this cold, and I just use the heat without clicking it to the EM Heat setting... The heat that comes out is barely warm...
If it was just me in the house I would not worry about it, but with a small child...yadda yadda, you get it

Yea but think about it as you are running the reg heat and you don't know its frozen up and you blow up the heat pump, then what? Your out a lot of money, thats the only reason I use EM heat when its this cold.