What is this bird?

johnjrval424

I think I already know the answer (Baltimore Oriole) but I wanted another opinion(s).

The picture makes him look orange but he was the most brilliant red color when he was feeding off my blackberry/raspberry bushes.

If it is an Oriole, it is the first time I've ever seen one - whatever it is, it is gorgeous!

Attachments

• Bird - cropped 1.jpg
    Bird - cropped 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Bird - cropped 2.jpg
    Bird - cropped 2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 178
  • Bird - cropped 3.jpg
    Bird - cropped 3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 205

BillNSOMD

Scarlet Tanager yep beautiful bird I have couple of those and couple Indigo Buntings that hang out in my yard the site of that bright red Tanager and the Bright blue Bunting is beeeeeeeeeeautiful

I have lived in Maryland for 51 years and never once have I seen a real Baltimore Oriole and no one I know has ever seen one either. The state bird you would think there would be some around other then the ones in Camden Yards, I think it we should change the state bird to the Great Blue Heron something we all see all the time, its allready on our tags.

johnjrval424

Scarlet tanager.....

Thanks everyone! Wow - I would have never guessed that one - but I googled it and, sure enough, the pictures were identical!

I have never seen that bird in my yard before but I'm glad he found my berry bushes. He is gorgeous!

And I also have a couple bluebirds and I'm sure they would look stunning next to each other - much like they did in the winter time when the cardinals were next to them.

Thanks again!