Another "Smart Car"

bcp

In My Opinion
74 MPG & $9,000 price tag = I'd buy one for commutting.
so would I.
and it is truely smart.
I consider the electric cars not smart, how smart can you feel while standing on the side of the road with your electric cord out waiting for someone to come by with a generator.

MMDad

Lem Putt
74 MPG & $9,000 price tag = I'd buy one for commutting.

For commuting? Not a chance. Too many trucks, buses, SUV's, etc. to share the road with. If I did 90% of my driving in a city I could go for it though.

I'd also like to see what the mileage and price go to once they make it comply with US nanny state laws. Double the weight to add crumple zones, air bags, tire pressure monitoring, black box recorders, etc. And of course bump up the price to give UAW their cut. Make it use "reformulated" gas that's 5% cleaner but needs to burn 10% more. Should get about 35 MPG and cost $18K.

For commuting? Not a chance. Too many trucks, buses, SUV's, etc. to share the road with. If I did 90% of my driving in a city I could go for it though.

I'd also like to see what the mileage and price go to once they make it comply with US nanny state laws. Double the weight to add crumple zones, air bags, tire pressure monitoring, black box recorders, etc. And of course bump up the price to give UAW their cut. Make it use "reformulated" gas that's 5% cleaner but needs to burn 10% more. Should get about 35 MPG and cost $18K.
Most likely.

DEEKAYPEE8569

so would I.
and it is truely smart.
I consider the electric cars not smart, how smart can you feel while standing on the side of the road with your electric cord out waiting for someone to come by with a generator.

I'm just waiting for the day we can talk to our wristwatches....."KITT, I need ya buddy." :lmao:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I talk to my watch all the time.....granted it doesn't say anything back...but it keeps me entertained.

.....and you ignore the confused glances and raised eyebrows? Me too.
My Mom told me once, 'You know you talk to yourself?' 'Your lips move.' If I was talking to my watch, I'd have been dragged away by those men in little white coats.