I a male and I have three boys but still can't get a date????

B

blue_eyed_devil

I'm 25 and have been married....I have three wonderful little boys.....Every time I meet a young lady and tell her I have kids she runs for the hills..... I guess I can understand...But all and all it sucks.... I think some people can't see past the fact I have kids...But it is not like I'm asking them to be there mother or anything..... They have a great mom..... Her and I are still friends.... But anyways thats drifting off the subject..... I work hard at a great job.....I think I look nice...But can't get a date to save my life..... Feed back is more then welcome....

TWLs wife

Originally posted by blue_eyed_devil
I'm 25 and have been married....I have three wonderful little boys.....Every time I meet a young lady and tell her I have kids she runs for the hills..... I guess I can understand...But all and all it sucks.... I think some people can't see past the fact I have kids...But it is not like I'm asking them to be there mother or anything..... They have a great mom..... Her and I are still friends.... But anyways thats drifting off the subject..... I work hard at a great job.....I think I look nice...But can't get a date to save my life..... Feed back is more then welcome....

Try going to some church meetings, then you might meet a better person. Who will love you & your 3 boys.:biggrin:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
No offense tigger, but I've known a lot of perverts (one of which was a preacher) at churches. If that's your only reason for going to church, you really have your priorities too screwed up to be worrying about a relationship with someone else. :ohwell: JMHO.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by crabcake
No offense tigger, but I've known a lot of perverts (one of which was a preacher) at churches. If that's your only reason for going to church, you really have your priorities too screwed up to be worrying about a relationship with someone else. :ohwell: JMHO.

No you can meet good people there & learn more about GOD.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
No you can meet good people there & learn more about GOD.

I said if your only reason for going to church is hooking up, you're there for the wrong reasons. Yea, maybe it's a perk, but to go to church for the sole purpose of trolling for some "schmeef" or "dingaling" is bad taste.

Note: Tater made me say "schmeef" and "dingaling" :ohwell:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by blue_eyed_devil
I'm 25 and have been married....I have three wonderful little boys.....
25 with 3 kids :yikes:

No offense, but I can't blame the gals for running, I'd do the same thing.

K

Kain99

I was 25 with three kids once. Do you have sole custody of the kids? Just curious.

B

blue_eyed_devil

No it's split with with there mother..... This has work out just fine.....She keeps them on the week days due to school.....And I take them on the weekends.....But I make it a point to see them during the week....and do things with them also....

K

Kain99

I have a solid peice of advice for ya.... Look for older women. They're better in the sack anyway. :biggrin:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
OK guy, playing devils advocate here. (Sorry it's been a long time since I was 25...but) say you are a single 20 something guy and run into a 25 year old female with 3 kids, do you:

A. Run for the hills
B. Tell her that's OK just to get some
C. Go to church
D. Run for the hills

K

Kain99

Originally posted by cariblue
I don't know how solid that advice is. I'm 45 and have no interest in raising somebody else's kids or dealing with the drama mama. So, if I were single, I wouldn't date him.
I didn't mean that old! :killingme

Just kidding pumpkin!

Re: Re: I a male and I have three boys but still can't get a date????

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Try going to some church meetings, then you might meet a better person. Who will love you & your 3 boys.:biggrin:
You sound like my R.A. (Resident Assistant) in college. He was a total nerd loser. He joined "Campus Crusade for Christ" because his Uncle told him it was a good way to meet chicks. One of his favorite past times was to sit in the dark study lounge on the 2nd floor of the freshman dorm & wait for freshmen to come out of the stairwell and go to the elevator to sneak their alcohol the rest of the way to their room, he would then bust them for alcohol posession.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
You will probably have to wait a long time before you can get into a relationship again. Women who are young enough to consider dating a 25-yo generally consider themselves too young to be a mother to 3 children. Women old enough to consider taking on 3 kids are generally too old to consider dating a 25-yo.

You may not be seeing dating prospects as potential mothers of your kids, but most women consider all dates as prospective mates. Also, most young women want to do their dating on the weekends and it is a little difficult to get to know a guy when he's got his kids with him all weekend, every weekend. Especially when you consider she is not looking for an instant family to begin with.

My suggestion is to get involved with activities you enjoy. Whether it's sports with your kids, the adult softball, a pool league, church, Moose lodge, whatever interests you and you will enjoy without necessarily having to have a date. Chances are you will strike up friendships there and have mutual interests that will lead to finding dates.

K

Kizzy

There are people out there that would have no problem raising other people’s children or stepping into that “step” role, but I don’t see many 20 something girls willing to do this.

I do have a question. Is there anyway you and mommy can work things out? Have the 2 of you really done everything you can do to work things out?

It seems as if you are ready to jump straight from the fire and back into the pan?

How do you know he hasn't been divorsed since he was 18, or 21 or whatever? You assume that he just got outta the relationship, but you have no way of knowing how long it's been.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by huntr1
How do you know he hasn't been divorsed since he was 18, or 21 or whatever? You assume that he just got outta the relationship, but you have no way of knowing how long it's been.

And maybe he started having kids at 12. :duh:

Pete

Repete
(Bill Clinton voice) I feel your pain. I am ugly, fat, almost 40 AND have a kid. I am going to BJ's and buy that 3 gallon bucket of hand lotion and a lifetime subscription to MAXIM. :bawl:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by crabcake
If that's your only reason for going to church, you really have your priorities too screwed up to be worrying about a relationship with someone else. :ohwell: JMHO.

Maybe Tigger meant if you are already going to church, a church group would be a place to meet a potential. If she is in a church group (or any group that you would think about joining) chances are you have more than just that one thing in common and it could work. God knows I don't speak Tigger so I could have translated it wrong though!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
To be very honest I don't think I'd date a guy with one kid again much less 3. And that's a mouthful coming from someone with one kid and another on the way. But once you get past the newness of things and reach the point where you consider the other person as a permanent position in your life there are just too many things to factor in when it comes to kids. #1 the baby's momma. I really don't feel like dealing with any biatchy ex's again. And yes most the time they are bitchy. #2 I don't want to deal with someone's else's kids behavior problems. I have kids of my own to take care of and not to toot my own horn but my son for the most part is very well behaved. I have a very high standard of what I think kids should act like and how they should be raised. Most single dads are the typical relaxed "weekend" dads and let their kids act like monsters which is unacceptable to me and will only cause problems in the relationship. Just my two pennies worth.