Any C++ Geeks in the House?

Toxick

Splat
Need to talk to another C++ programmer. Particularly a programmer who uses the MFC library or the Win32 API.

I'm having a problem coding for drag-n-drop operations in my app. I've been all over the internet, and the help that I find on the subject is too broad in scope to be of much assistance quickly for my specific problem.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by tater
Mostly D's and F's, but a few C's. Whatcha need ? :wink:

I'm coding an app, whose main window is a CListView window.

The CListView list control is full of files. It looks very much like Windows Explorer. The CMainFrame window has a Dockable dialog bar which also has a CListCtrl in it. (If you've ever run an Explorer-Like CD Rom Writer program, it looks very much like that.)

I want to be able to drag the files shown in my main CListCtrl to the docked CListCtrl.

Now the Docking CListCtrl already accepts files from Windows Explorer, or the desktop or wherever else you can drag files from. But I can't drag the CListView files.

Hope that made sense.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by crabcake
:gossip: Psst ... Toxick ... he was joking.

Irony is even more fun when its not intended.

Duh.

Well, if there really are any C++/MFC/Win32 people watching, my problem is stated above. More info available upon request.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by SmallTown
Does this help at all?

http://www.codetools.com/listctrl/dragtest.asp

Well, I appreciate the pointer, but codeproject.com and codeguru.com are two of the very first sites that I go to whenever I have a problem. codetools is a pointer to codeproject. It's a very helpful site, and it's pulled me out of more than one jam. But I've already been to that page.

But don't let that stop you! I'm still wide open to suggestion.

Actually I should probably just learn drag n drop from the ground up. I'm just looking for a quick solution, and I'll worry about the hairy details later.

Toxick

Splat
Not a bump

Just in case anyone decided to search the net, I've found what I needed.

Took me all damn day - but I got it.

Thanks.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Per chance do you do any programming as a hobby?
I've been wanting to work on a text-based wrestling match simulator, but as I'm just starting in my Comp Sci. degree, it'd be cool to have someone to work on it with.

Lemme know.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by sleuth14
Per chance do you do any programming as a hobby?

I perchance do indeed. Much as possible. I started off programming as a hobby, and after a while, I realized I could make money with it. And voila!

Originally posted by sleuth14
I've been wanting to work on a text-based wrestling match simulator, but as I'm just starting in my Comp Sci. degree, it'd be cool to have someone to work on it with.

Lemme know.

Sure. I'll do what I can to help out.

After a while, we can port it to OpenGL and make a 3d Graphics Wrestling simulator :biggrin: :biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Toxick
I perchance do indeed. Much as possible. I started off programming as a hobby, and after a while, I realized I could make money with it. And voila!

Sure. I'll do what I can to help out.

After a while, we can port it to OpenGL and make a 3d Graphics Wrestling simulator :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's the plan...
A friend of mine has started working on a simulator that kinda merges the concept of the SimCity series, except in the form of a wrestling company. We had a prototype of the match simulator I mentioned, but we ran into some problems and it was put on hold indefinitely. That was over 2 years ago.

I wanted to finish it, but he gave up.

I would have a website to show you, but we closed it down months ago after 2 years of inactivity. We were at the top of the wrestling sim world until we all graduated college and actually had to work :frown:

But... for starters... check out www.pwse.net and you'll see there's a large community doing this. My friends and I are the authors of Zeus Pro, which is considered one of the best out there, if you can find a copy to download and want to check it out.