will the redskins??

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by BuddyLee
will the redskins make it to the playoffs in the 2004 season?? i think yes!:biggrin:
I don't think we should set our expectations too high this season buddy. Thats a good way to lose faith right off the bat. Look for the guys that manage to make it through training camp, (trust me alot won't) to start gelling as a single unit. I look for better things the following year...IMHO.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: will the redskins??

Originally posted by mainman
I don't think we should set our expectations too high this season buddy. Thats a good way to lose faith right off the bat. Look for the guys that manage to make it through training camp, (trust me alot won't) to start gelling as a single unit. I look for better things the following year...IMHO.

ill never lose my faith!! your statement will probably be accurate but also hold accountability for parcels and his cowgirls and what the new head coach for cincinnati has done...

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
The one thing that concerns me about coach Gibbs' return is the extraordinarily high expectations that everyone seems to have. Remember: He lost his first five games as the head coach of the 'skins. It took a year or so to get to the superbowl.

The game has changed some since he left, but I think his style will still produce. Let's just hope that Danny Boy keeps his fingers out of the pie. Danny can go figure out how to make the Redskins profitable (something he has done well) and stay out of the way of the people that make the team successful on the field. If he can just learn that ONE lesson, the 'skins have a chance, but if he treats Gibbs like he has treated the last three coaches, we're done before we've begun.

BuddyLee

Football addict
good point

Originally posted by tlatchaw
The one thing that concerns me about coach Gibbs' return is the extraordinarily high expectations that everyone seems to have. Remember: He lost his first five games as the head coach of the 'skins. It took a year or so to get to the superbowl.

The game has changed some since he left, but I think his style will still produce. Let's just hope that Danny Boy keeps his fingers out of the pie. Danny can go figure out how to make the Redskins profitable (something he has done well) and stay out of the way of the people that make the team successful on the field. If he can just learn that ONE lesson, the 'skins have a chance, but if he treats Gibbs like he has treated the last three coaches, we're done before we've begun.

good point there!! i wonder what kind of a team we will have. we dont have bruce smith anymore and who knows about all these other free agents. but the good news is that we'll get a good pick in the draft.:wink:

TripleJ

there is no such thing as building for next year, you will allways have players leaving,... as players either join or reach peak. there is only now..........good coaches don't need a next year, I know there are some exceptions, but, then again, exceptions are not the 'rule'...............no, ...good coaches whatever the reason, come in, and impact is imediate.......if coach Gibbs still has that horse shoe up his........well, we , that is the redskins will be in the playoffs next year and in a superbowl not soon there after, I have allways been a redskin fan...........this year I had, had enough..........I was going to turn to NASCAR..........then, Gibbs turned in my direction? I'm going to give football and the redskins another chance, just as I have for over thirty four years,
Funny how I was going to follow his sport and instead, in my hour of football despair, like so many others, he turned in our direction.
Bless Gibbs and bless the Redskins a lot of people in the area seem to be more happy when they win.............Oh, and, I will remember all you guys that said we sucked when we were down, and then try to jump on the band wagon...............I was real good at picking you out in '82, '87 and '91 :cheers:

TripleJ

Originally posted by tlatchaw

It took Gibbs, two, count them TWO years to win the SuperBowl, when he was a rookie coach......... Maybe you haven't followed his carreer? It wouldn't matter if it was Chess, checkers or monoploy..........Gibbs is a smart man and knows how to adapt to any game...., did you listen to his press conference? He stated he will pick good players and it is his experience that the rest will follow........... not allways the fastest or strongest. His last go round you had to pass a psychological test to be a redskins before they drafted you....... Heart and brains were the main criteria, and I'm sure they will be again:cheers:

BuddyLee

Football addict
good points

Originally posted by TripleJ
It took Gibbs, two, count them TWO years to win the SuperBowl, when he was a rookie coach......... Maybe you haven't followed his carreer? It wouldn't matter if it was Chess, checkers or monoploy..........Gibbs is a smart man and knows how to adapt to any game...., did you listen to his press conference? He stated he will pick good players and it is his experience that the rest will follow........... not allways the fastest or strongest. His last go round you had to pass a psychological test to be a redskins before they drafted you....... Heart and brains were the main criteria, and I'm sure they will be again:cheers:

very good points!! i also hate the bandwagon people!! stick with your freaking team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TripleJ

Re: Re: will the redskins??

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
I think it is to soon to tell.
dare to hope Tigger,....when hope is lost, all is lost, when one hopes, it dosen't matter if one was wrong, for one does not hope when all is in one's favor, one hopes against adversity, hence the need for hope...........yes, dare to hope Tigger :cheers:

TWLs wife

Re: Re: Re: will the redskins??

dare to hope Tigger,....when hope is lost, all is lost, when one hopes, it dosen't matter if one was wrong, for one does not hope when all is in one's favor, one hopes against adversity, hence the need for hope...........yes, dare to hope Tigger :cheers:

I do want them to win, But everyones putting to much pressure on Joe Gibb. We need to give him time to be home first.:blushing:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Re: Re: will the redskins??

I do want them to win, But everyones putting to much pressure on Joe Gibb. We need to give him time to be home first.:blushing:

true but i will still HOPE lol.

TripleJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: will the redskins??

Me too. But too much is too much.
Too Much? how does one 'hope' too much when one only hopes for successs? We are only, and this kills me, talking about football? People face much greater odds against life and the things that go against them, and yet hope for a better day, if not for themselves, for their children, no,.... there is no such thing as hoping for "too much". :cheers:

TWLs wife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: will the redskins??

Too Much? how does one 'hope' too much when one only hopes for successs? We are only, and this kills me, talking about football? People face much greater odds against life and the things that go against them, and yet hope for a better day, if not for themselves, for their children, no,.... there is no such thing as hoping for "too much". :cheers:

Your right. All I'm saying is that they are putting too much pressure on Joe Gibbs. I want them to win. But if you put too much pressure on a person he might fall. I know Joe won't let us down. They just need to give him a brake to be back, that's all.