Joint pain

High-Def

Anyone know any good remedies for joint pain? I've tried Aleve, tylenol arthritis and motrin all to no avail. I also tried a hot shower and that made it hurt worse. It started out just my knees hurting then I woke up and it was my fingers, elbows, wrists, ankles, knees and hips. I've never felt anything like it, it aches so bad it hurts to walk at times. I went to the doc and am waiting on my blood work. Anyone else ever had this?

Jameo

What?!
Anyone know any good remedies for joint pain? I've tried Aleve, tylenol arthritis and motrin all to no avail. I also tried a hot shower and that made it hurt worse. It started out just my knees hurting then I woke up and it was my fingers, elbows, wrists, ankles, knees and hips. I've never felt anything like it, it aches so bad it hurts to walk at times. I went to the doc and am waiting on my blood work. Anyone else ever had this?

have your doc test for Lyme disease.

Try Cat's Claw. It is an herbal supplement. It helped tremendously with my achy joints.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

What have you had to eat in the last week??

Seems like an extreme case and usually it affects only one or two joints at a time.. but would be curious to see if it comes back as Gout.

C

CalvertNewbie

have your doc test for Lyme disease.

Try Cat's Claw. It is an herbal supplement. It helped tremendously with my achy joints.

That's what I need to do, get tested for Lyme again. Got tested last year after being bit, was fine. This year, I don't recall being bit but have brushed a few ticks off me that were still crawling when I saw them.

These last few weeks, the joints in my right ring finger and pinky have been hurting a lot, especially when I wake up. They almost "click". Never happened before. Sound like anything you've experienced with Lyme Disease?

Jameo

What?!
That's what I need to do, get tested for Lyme again. Got tested last year after being bit, was fine. This year, I don't recall being bit but have brushed a few ticks off me that were still crawling when I saw them.

These last few weeks, the joints in my right ring finger and pinky have been hurting a lot, especially when I wake up. They almost "click". Never happened before. Sound like anything you've experienced with Lyme Disease?

I ached all over. Mostly my neck. I never noticed any tick bites or never noticed the famous bulls eye rash. You could have had a false negative test result :shrug: Never hurts to get retested.

Might be carpal tunnel issues too :shrug:

ShyGirl

When I had Lyme, my whole body ached but the base of my head/neck/shoulders were painful with ache.

I have lingering joint aches in my fingers.

When it was really bad, I used Cat's Claw and Nerve Shield ~ both found at the Good Earth store in Leonardtown.

Nerve Shield is the bomb!

I hope that you find some relief soon!

warneckutz

I take Osteo Bi-Flex and a cissus supplement to help (I have both tendonitis and bursitis in my elbow). It does help a little but it's worth going to a doctor to make sure it's not something more severe like Lyme's or something.

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
Lyme Test

Make sure you ask for the "Western Blot" Lyme test. The spot test that most Dr.'s do will only detect Lyme in the very early stages. With the amount of pain and the wide area of sites that ache, I would suspect late stage Lyme. Just my opinion...

I'm just another Lymie that never remembers having a tick bite, let alone a bulls-eye rash.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Some medications, especially chosteral medications, will make you ache and feel like you've got pulled muscles. I take glucosomine and condroitin. It helps, but you need to take it every day, takes a while to get in your system.

High-Def

What have you had to eat in the last week??

Seems like an extreme case and usually it affects only one or two joints at a time.. but would be curious to see if it comes back as Gout.

They tested for lupus and lyme. It was weird Saturday I woke up exhausted and slept all day because I just felt wiped out. Then Sunday my knees were hurting really bad and by the end of the day it hurt to walk and my hips ached. Monday I woke up and I had a hard time moving my fingers because they ached so bad. I was really achey for 4 days and today I'm still achey but it's not as bad as Monday. But last night during my pedicure I noticed a few small painful lumps in my calves. It's weird I've neve had all those symptoms before. I'm curious what the dr has to say next week.

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
They tested for lupus and lyme. It was weird Saturday I woke up exhausted and slept all day because I just felt wiped out. Then Sunday my knees were hurting really bad and by the end of the day it hurt to walk and my hips ached. Monday I woke up and I had a hard time moving my fingers because they ached so bad. I was really achey for 4 days and today I'm still achey but it's not as bad as Monday. But last night during my pedicure I noticed a few small painful lumps in my calves. It's weird I've neve had all those symptoms before. I'm curious what the dr has to say next week.

Have you taken any anti-biotics lately? Levaquin and other fluroquinilone antibiotics can cause this type of reaction. I've had it happen to me, and thought that I had some blood clots in my legs, and had terrible pains in my calves and achilles tendons.

foodcritic

Try Celebrex

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Some medications, especially chosteral medications, will make you ache and feel like you've got pulled muscles. I take glucosomine and condroitin. It helps, but you need to take it every day, takes a while to get in your system.

Try Co Q-10, it's in with the vitamins.

bcp

In My Opinion
Are you taking any Staten's for your cholesterol?

If so, have your doctor try different types. Joint pain is a major side effect from them.

HappyCats

I have fibromyalgia which causes chronic pain and fatigue.

When I am really hurting I take an Epsom Salt bath at night. The next day I usually feel really good. I though it was just from relaxing in the warm water, but after I did some research, I discovered that Epsom Salt is magnesium. Magnesium supplements taken in pill form are used to help with pain but interestingly enough... Magnesium can also be absorbed through the skin. Which is why the baths help.

Good luck!

High-Def

I have fibromyalgia which causes chronic pain and fatigue.

When I am really hurting I take an Epsom Salt bath at night. The next day I usually feel really good. I though it was just from relaxing in the warm water, but after I did some research, I discovered that Epsom Salt is magnesium. Magnesium supplements taken in pill form are used to help with pain but interestingly enough... Magnesium can also be absorbed through the skin. Which is why the baths help.

Good luck!

Well all my blood work came back and it's not Lyme or Lupus. A few things came back a little on the high side but she said that they weren't alarmingly high. The doctor gave me a referral to the reumatologist. I think it's the weather that's triggering it because today I am so in pain. I'll have to look at fibro because I did some reading on it and it looks a lot like it might be that

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Well all my blood work came back and it's not Lyme or Lupus. A few things came back a little on the high side but she said that they weren't alarmingly high. The doctor gave me a referral to the reumatologist. I think it's the weather that's triggering it because today I am so in pain. I'll have to look at fibro because I did some reading on it and it looks a lot like it might be that

Fever, headaches, mucous membrane (mouth, nose, 'down there') sores?

The skin lumps on your legs still there? Tender to the touch and/or reddened?