Social kid

Pete

Repete
My boy's teacher has been sending home notes on his weekly report that says he is too social. He is little Mr. Chatty and talks all the time. I have been talking to him about it and have threatened his TV time, hot tub and everything else. I remind him when I drop him off and check with him every day when I pick him up and he said everything is going well. I saw the teacher this morning and figured I would be sure. Wellllllll she said no improvement. He is doing very well in math and reading, participates well, is happy, polite, nice and an all around great kid but he WILL NOT SHUT UP. I am begining to think that it may be the same as asking him to stop being right handed. I know I am going to have to drop the boom and get ugly with him but I am having trouble because he is not being mean or really bad he just likes to socialize. QUESTION: Anyone else have the same problem and if so how do you get a kid to stop being so freaking chatty?

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
Originally posted by RoseRed
Are you sure that PFGal isn't his real Momma? :biggrin:

:lmao: :killingme :roflmao: Thanks for that laugh this morning RR.

Pete: My friend had that same problem with her son. I think they determined he was bored. They started giving him extra work and books to read because he was finishing his work before everyone else.

Originally posted by carolinagirl
My friend had that same problem with her son. I think they determined he was bored. They started giving him extra work and books to read because he was finishing his work before everyone else.
:yikes: Pete has Einstien reincarnated as a kid! :yikes:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by RoseRed
Are you sure that PFGal isn't his real Momma? :biggrin:

RR...you promised you'd never say a word about that!! Geesh....can't anyone keep a secret anymore?!??! :cussing:

nomoney

Originally posted by carolinagirl
:
Pete: My friend had that same problem with her son. I think they determined he was bored. They started giving him extra work and books to read because he was finishing his work before everyone else.

Thats pretty it in a nutshell Pete. When I first started school here; I was always in trouble for being a "social butterfly" I was extremely bored with the school work. I had to finally just start bringing in my own reading material just so I would keep my mouth shut. (extra work in this school system????:rolleyes: ha!).

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by PFgal
RR...you promised you'd never say a word about that!! Geesh....can't anyone keep a secret anymore?!??! :cussing:
Secrets... here??? Not in this lifetime! :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Well the teacher I fear compounded this problem. They have a stick method for the kids. Every morning each kid gets 5 wodden sticks, if they are bad they lose a stick, if they do really well he gets a stick. He has lost a stick or two since the begining of school but nothing really bad. She said this morning that she quit taking his sticks because if she took them when it warrented he would never have any. I see her point a little, no need in having the boy crushed all the time but I would have had a better indicator and could have corrected it before it got to the note stage. I fear he doesn't understand concequences now because he never lost sticks.

Nanny Pam

I went through the exact same thing with my daughter. The school counselor (sp) said she wasn't challenged enough. So they moved her to the "A" classes, and she was fine after that.

Originally posted by Nanny Pam
I went through the exact same thing with my daughter. The school counselor (sp) said she wasn't challenged enough. So they moved her to the "A" classes, and she was fine after that.
You have 2 daughters????

K

Kizzy

:lol:

Pete,

My parents received notes all the time for me being "too chatty," and I turned out just fine. So, I was not surprised when I got numerous notes home last year for my oldest son being too chatty. (Yep, 2nd grade) It isn't a bad thing. It just means that he is a happy well adjusted child. Now, my solution to the problem may seem a little off the beaten path, but note after note, talk after talk, I finally told the teacher to push his desk up against the wall where there would be nobody to talk to. After a few days, he will realize that if he cannot keep his mouth shut that it is where he will end up. Believe me, I spent many days with my face up against the chalk board and it cured me, the same way it cured my oldest son.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by PFgal
I know you didn't...you'd never do such a thing! :wink:
I am just glad I was childless when we hooked up on this one because now she treats me like a stranger since I have a kid, she even ran off and married someone else. :bawl:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Pete
I am just glad I was childless when we hooked up on this one because now she treats me like a stranger since I have a kid, she even ran off and married someone else. :bawl:

:lmao:

Pete

Repete
I know, I am just at a quandry. He is a great kid in every way. I honestly think I have only had to "warm his a$$" 2 times in 7 years. But it is a self control issue, he must learn to control himself now or it will cause problems when he is older. If he were being bad I would not hesitate. I know what I must do:frown: