My Daily Confessional! (Eastern Orthodox)

VA. SQUID

That's one hell of a confessional Zuchick! May have to print that as I am guilty of most of that on a daily basis. I have been trying to change my life lately but it is very hard because I am unwilling to give up the things that I am accustomed to and the things that make me happy. Maybe one of these days I will stop being so selfish and make it happen.

Z

zuchick

You will find...

Last edited by a moderator:

VA. SQUID

Well I do repent my sins but for one reason or another I have a habit of repeating them over again. I have tried the church thing and the praying but for some reason I cannot get there. I come from a very religious family and for some reason it just never embedded itself with me the way it did with the other members of my family. I admit that I am a sinner and I try to do the right thing but I am weak in certain areas. And about the fornification thing, I made a mistake a long time ago going to a priest about that.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Originally posted by VA. SQUID
Well I do repent my sins but for one reason or another I have a habit of repeating them over again. I have tried the church thing and the praying but for some reason I cannot get there. I come from a very religious family and for some reason it just never embedded itself with me the way it did with the other members of my family. I admit that I am a sinner and I try to do the right thing but I am weak in certain areas. And about the fornification thing, I made a mistake a long time ago going to a priest about that.

Seems to me there was a fellow named Paul that expressed that same feeling in his writings. You're not alone. Remember that by putting your faith in Jesus Christ you are not perfect but you are forgiven.

VA. SQUID

And that is all I can ask for, I know I sin and I will sin again. I am weak and I acknowledge that. It's not like I go out of my way to do the wrong thing but it happens.

tater

Originally posted by zuchick
† In the name of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, One God. Amen

I confess to Thee, my Lord God and Creator, in one Holy Trinity glorified and worshipped, to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, all my sins which I have committed in all the days of my life, and at every hour, at the present time and in the past, day and night, by deed, word, thought, gluttony, drunkenness, secret eating, idle talking, despondency, indolence, contradiction, disobedience, slandering, condemning, negligence, self-love, acquisitiveness, extortion, lying, dishonesty, mercenariness, jealousy, envy, anger, remembrance of wrongs, hatred, bribery, and by my senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch; and by the rest of my sins, of the soul together with the bodily, through which I have angered Thee, my God and Creator, and dealt unjustly with my neighbor. Sorrowing for these, I stand guilty before Thee, my God, but I have the will to repent. Only help me, O'Lord my God, with tears I humbly entreat Thee.

Forgive my past sins through Thy compassion, and absolve from all these which I have said in Thy presence, for Thou art good and the Lover of mankind. Amen

WoW !!!!!!!!!!!! Busy day? :twitch:

Z

zuchick

Re: Re: My Daily Confessional! (Eastern Orthodox)

Last edited by a moderator: