MEMA on alert as Earl may make direct hit in MD

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My mom cracked me up this morning. Said the Earl was suppose to hit land around Cape Headrest. She meant Cape Hatteras. :killingme

TurboK9

There isn't even 1 projected model that shows it even remotely affecting our area... are you saying you are psychic...:popcorn:

You don't know much about hurricanes do you? It is a LOT bigger than the little dot on the weather map. Center of the cone of probability is roughly 250 miles Offshore of MD. The hurricane is currently 575 - 650 miles across, or big enough to cover the state of Florida. IF it moves down the center of the cone, which is unlikely, that places us under TS force conditions... If it comes west in the cone, which it has been creeping toward the last 3 days, we get more...

We are currently in the high20% low 30% TS wind band on the NHC site.

How can you not be aware of this? :confused

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm completely aware of this... how can you assume because I refuse to get spun up over it at this point that I'm now aware of the possibilities...:confused:

x2. Winds topping out around 40 kts..maybe..clocking from north to west, thus driving the water OUT of the bay and river.

Big woop..a northeaster slammed my shoreline far worse than that last winter.

Now you show me a hurricane or TS on a track that looks like Isabel's or Ernesto's did and I'll start getting my boxers in a wad then.

TurboK9

I'm completely aware of this... how can you assume because I refuse to get spun up over it at this point based on current model projections that I'm not aware of the possibilities...:confused:

Spun up? You said it wouldn't effect us at all (remotely?). If we get 25 MPH gusts and rain, it is effecting us isn't it? If it follows the projected path we WILL get rainbands. That means it WILL effect us.

You are aware that rainbands bring rain, gusty conditions, and quite often spawn tornadoes, yes?