Evans Seafood

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Has anyone been there since the new management took over and their menu merged with Oakwood Lodge after their closure?

I haven't been there in many years due to lousy food and service, but, with new management and an updated menu, might be willing to try it out again.

Any feedback?

TIA

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I think hubby and I are going to check it out this weekend. I'll let you know how it is.

Vince

Originally posted by RoseRed
Has anyone been there since the new management took over and their menu merged with Oakwood Lodge after their closure?

I haven't been there in many years due to lousy food and service, but, with new management and an updated menu, might be willing to try it out again.

Any feedback?

TIA

Get Rooster to take you there for your B-day!:biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Evans Seafood

Originally posted by Vince
Get Rooster to take you there for your B-day!:biggrin:
Last night's dinner (my birthday) was 1/2 of a nasty Lean Cuisine, which I promptly tossed in the trash. Dessert was a bottle of wine.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I went there last night and had a fantastic meal! They're still working on some of the interior stuff (decorations for the wall, etc.) but it looks great!

I had their red snapper (*please - no jokes*) special and it was outstanding. It was a large filet wrapped with thinly sliced potatoes and broiled, served over mashed potatoes and very thinly sliced veggies with two sauces. My friend had the Mariner's platter - crab imperial, shrimp, scallops, etc. - and also loved his.

We give it :yay: :yay:

Last edited:

emschick

Ate there last night with a friend. The downstairs is open now...big menu. Lots of Seafood and little bit of BBQ stuff from Bear Creek. I got the Broiled Seafood Platter and it was really good :yay:

HeloShark

Evan's Seafood - Big Disappointment

We dined at Evan's Seafood on 21 June 2008. The menu consisted of two typewritten pages stapled together. There were probably 15 entrees on the menu. The menu was not complicated, you could probably take anyone off the street and teach them everything they need to know on this menu in 15 minutes. We had the oyster/shrimp basket. They consisted of 5-8 small pieces of seafood and a handful of fries. The service was terrible - drinks in 15 minutes, two fried baskets in 45 minutes, and after our server stopped flirting with her boyfriend it took her 20 minutes to get us the check.
Evan's Seafood was a big disappointment. You will get much more value for your money by ANY seafood restaurant on Solomon's Island.

HeloShark
Drayden, MD

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Evan's Seafood was a big disappointment.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the poor service was just a fluke and they're usually better. I used to love Evans and was looking forward to trying them now that they're back open.

T

toppick08

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the poor service was just a fluke and they're usually better. I used to love Evans and was looking forward to trying them now that they're back open.

Sadly, I think the magic of that place was taken to the grave with Mr. Evans.

Maybe, they will be better in the future.

wineo

loving life
Sadly, I think the magic of that place was taken to the grave with Mr. Evans.

Maybe, they will be better in the future.

That is so true. The cook is the same cook for the last 18 years, I'm surprised it wasn't better.

Was going to give it a try next weekend.