Survivor Fans

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Anyone hear that they are bringing back some of the previous players for another chance and are calling it "Super Bowl" Survivor? Can anyone say Rudy!!!

Nanny Pam

Abso-freakin'-lutely! :biggrin:
I heard it comes on right after the Super Bowl game. I can't wait. Yes, Rudy was cool. If something needed to be said, Rudy said it. :lol:
I also liked Rupert (?) was that his name, from this last survivor show.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Hot N Bothered
Reality TV bites.

And "Survivor" as the king of reality shows bites big.

Booooo Hiss!!! :razz: I bet you have your stationed tuned to PBS 24/7. :neener:

K

Kizzy

Rudy was cool. I'd watch it. I just screamed at the TV when he let his hand off the pole.

K

Kizzy

Jenna's choice to leave

'Survivor': Jenna Chooses Family over Tribe

By Brill Bundy
Zap2it.com

It's only the third episode (Feb. 12), but already the pests have taken over "Survivor: All-Stars." No, not the two Robs or that whiny Jenna Lewis, but real live bugs. They're everywhere.

Over at the Mogo Mogo site, Kathy tells Jenna M. that she's going to scar. Taking a page from the childhood chicken pox handbook, Jenna insists that she's not "scratching," but merely "rubbing." It's kind of like when you're caught snoring at the opera and insist that you're not "sleeping," merely "resting your eyes."

Meanwhile the Sabogas seem to be taking their twice-in-a-row immunity losses in stride.

They've built a nice dining table and Rupert is a fishing fool. Of course, Rupert's fishing prowess doesn't go over too well with Ethan, who feels that his manhood is being questioned. Relentlessly, Ethan goes out to try and provide the tribe with a seafood dinner only to return empty-handed.

Jenna L. looks on with contempt, while Jerri hopes he catches something since it would be good for his ego.

However, if either of the men got a load of Richard Hatch they would be immediately humbled and shamed.

Even though he has been going out of his way to do as little as possible, Richard decides it's time to prove his worth to the tribe. Early one morning he goes out hunting for stingray ... that is, until he spies the shark hiding under a rock ledge.

He takes said shark by the tail and lets his prey repeatedly ram up against a rock in its attempts to get away. Richard then tries to stab the shark in the belly with his dull spear, mistakenly letting go for a brief moment and suddenly finding the shark attached to his arm, refusing to release until Richard wades back to shore and slams the shark's head against a boulder.

Frankly, we're stunned. Yes, like everybody else in America, we hate Richard Hatch, but, quite frankly, we're really impressed at this moment.

Colby sums things up perfectly when he asks, "Is it possible to call a gay man a stud?" Why, yes, Colby, it is.

Shii Ann seconds this notion by observing that Richard might not be very impressive downstairs (if you know what she means and we think you do -- wink, wink, nudge, nudge), but he's a fishing god.

The show really gets going on Day Seven when each of the tribes receives a box full of hardware, courtesy of Home Depot, along with instructions that they have 24 hours to remodel their shelters.

At this point it's obvious none of the Chaperas are going home since it's 18 minutes in before any of them make an appearance.

Tom is calling Sue a "demon hag from Hell" and says that it's a mystery that he's made it to 48 years old without her around to lead him by the hand. It's not quite a mystery, but more of a tragedy that he's only 48, but looks about 62.

As a construction worker, Rob M. is totally in his element with this challenge. He and Tom set to work, while Alicia and Rob C. work on the rock garden. For the record, everyone hates bossy Alicia. However, no one seems to mind when she calls Rob C. on his work ethic -- or lack thereof.

The Mogo Mogos go for a tree-house theme, giving Colby and Lex something to bond over. They joke about the kitchen area, balcony and "love nest" that will be included, but are dismissive of Shii Ann's "touches" that include palm-frond beds, rope ladders and other decorative touches.

Jenna M. is also on the building crew, but all she seems to do is laze about looking wan.

Things get heated over at the Saboga tribe as Rupert quickly begins to lose it. See, he has this grand idea about digging down into the ground and building a log cabin. Wisely, Jerri points out that as soon as there's rain they'll be in trouble, but Rupert won't listen to reason.

We hate to side with Jerri, but she's right. Ethan is thrilled. Even though he agrees with Jerri, he's not going to point it out because if he can keep the two of them fighting it's more likely he'll stick around.

The next day Jeff visits each of the tribes and brings a licensed contractor with him. Said contractor is obviously displeased with the Sabogas' sunken area, but try as he might he can't rip apart the Mogo Mogo tree house.

The Chaperas win though, largely due to the decorative elements (a swing, a checkerboard) that Colby and Lex scoffed at when Shii Ann suggested them for the Mogo Mogos. The Chaperas receive a box containing a tarp, lantern, blankets and wine, while the Mogo Mogos get the clue for the second key that will open their box of rice. The Sabogas, sadly, get nothing.

Giddy from wine, Amber tells Rob M. that if he wants to kiss her he better do it right now because she won't want to do it later when the wine breath kicks in. Rob M. declines and later tells the camera that while they've been flirting he's playing her and she probably thinks she's playing him and, after all, there can only be one winner.

That night the rains come fast and hard, leaving the survivors freezing the next day.

Jenna M. announces to the Mogo Mogos that she wants to leave. Her mother is in a cancer rehab home and she has a feeling that she should be with her rather than out in the wild. When everyone gathers for the Immunity Challenge, she repeats this desire to Jeff, prompting him to ask various other contestants what they think about this sentiment.

Alicia says that Jenna never should have come, no matter what her mother had told her. Amber says that she wants to give Jenna a hug. Rob M. says he's not a softie, but this is getting to him and that it isn't up to them to question her motives. Rupert says that it's a tough call, but they're here for the game. Tom also says that he'd stick it through.

Regardless of what the others feel, Jenna decides to leave. Jeff promptly calls a boat in to spirit her off and the Immunity Challenge is called off. Ultimately, it appears that Jenna made the right choice. Eight days after her return home her mother lost her fight against breast cancer.

mainman

Set Trippin
Jenna made the right choice, I am glad she got to spend the last 8 days with her mom. I can't imagine what she would have felt had she not walked out...
I don't think she should have been there in the first place...

D

darkriver4362

Make Survivor:Antartica.......survive that......or Survivor:Afghanistan tribal areas.....

kidlane

I know Richard Hatch was voted out last week. :clap:
But I think they bring him back this week, because Jeff made a bad call on a challange. :mad:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by kidlane
I know Richard Hatch was voted out last week. :clap:
But I think they bring him back this week, because Jeff made a bad call on a challange. :mad:
Considering what little Miss Sue did to him I hope they do! Go Richard! :biggrin:

Nanny Pam

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kidlane
I know Richard Hatch was voted out last week.
But I think they bring him back this week, because Jeff made a bad call on a challange.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering what little Miss Sue did to him I hope they do! Go Richard!

:yeahthat: I like Richard.

Nanny Pam

Shi-Ann got lucky. Big X on her back now.
Boston Rob, too ... he gets a big X.

I didn't want Alicia to go yet. I'd like Rupert to win. Big Tom is an odd fellow!
I hope Amber burns Boston Rob. He's just asking for it!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Shi-Ann better hope she get imunity from here on out....She got a little cocky when she won.....I think Alicia is going to kick Rob's butt when this is over....I mean knock the hell out of him.....She is pizzed at him.....I'd kinda like to see Amber stick it to him too....I bet he would turn on her in a minute.....

Hessian

Well...its over

Now is it me or are they dragging this on with the public voting on the best survivor?
I think Rob making it to the final two proves two things:

Only the shifty, crafty, back stabbing make it to the end,
Women seem to fall for the bad boys (even mature women)! That is how he even got votes at the end.
Why isn't there a game based on integrity, directness, loyalty, etc...those qualities are always attacked in this series.

The good news: Great Race is coming back! (will they be allowed to pass through Moslem countries?)

Rupert rules.:biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Well...its over

Originally posted by Hessian
Only the shifty, crafty, back stabbing make it to the end...

Why isn't there a game based on integrity, directness, loyalty, etc...those qualities are always attacked in this series.

For the same reason people watched Dallas or Dynasty, or gossip about famous people or others in their neighborhood. People like to think of themselves as superior to others, especially strangers and celebrities.

I've only seen two episodes of Survivor. Do the backstabbers always make it to the finals? At least on The Apprentice, Omarosa got some sort of comeuppance.

If I were a Survivor contestant, I would refuse to form alliances with anyone else, on the principle that I want to do what's best for the team.