Should the Father's Feeling be considered in the case of an abortion?

Should the Father's Discision be as Important as the Mother's?

• Yes the Father's decision in the Abortion Should be considered.

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No the Father's decision should have no bearing on the abortion

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Have the Abortion done, but sterilize the woman to prevent further need for abortion.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Have the Abortion done, but sterilize the man to prevent further need for abortion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sterilize both the mn and woman to prevent further need for abortion.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
J

justhangn

IMHO……….it’s a point of responsibility, it took two to make the child and both of them should be involved in raising the child.

The decision of abortion shouldn’t even be considered, but if it has to be, he should be involved. :shrug:

K

Kain99

K Zuchick... You're obssessing but that's cool - we've all been there. I say, Yes absolutely, his feelings should be taken into consideration if he is willing to raise the baby alone as his own. JMHO:wink:

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by justhangn
IMHO……….it’s a point of responsibility, it took two to make the child and both of them should be involved in raising the child.

The decision of abortion shouldn’t even be considered, but if it has to be, he should be involved. :shrug:

I couldn't agree with you more. However, should it be a question of responsibility?

I know several men who have raised children that were not theirown.. They were not responsible for the child's birth, but they did raised and love the child. I also know both men and women who have did the same..

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by Kain99
K Zuchick... You're obssessing but that's cool - we've all been there. I say, Yes absolutely, his feelings should be taken into consideration if he is willing to raise the baby alone as his own. JMHO:wink:

Well not as obcessed as merely interested in others opinions on these Issues.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wouldn't put it past some idiot woman to harm her fetus and say, "THERE, sucker! Now take care of a retarded or fetal alcohol baby!"

It's the woman's body and she should have ultimate say-so over the child-bearing thing. Think about it - you get some woman preggo, she wants an abortion, you get a court order to force her to go through 9 months of pregnancy and labor so you can take the kid. Would you trust this woman to deliver a healthy baby? And are you going to support her financially while she's pregnant? And are you going to dog her heels to make sure she's not out drinking or doing drugs?

The guy should have really thought about this before he chose a woman to have sex with.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I wouldn't put it past some idiot woman to harm her fetus and say, "THERE, sucker! Now take care of a retarded or fetal alcohol baby!"

It's the woman's body and she should have ultimate say-so over the child-bearing thing. Think about it - you get some woman preggo, she wants an abortion, you get a court order to force her to go through 9 months of pregnancy and labor so you can take the kid. Would you trust this woman to deliver a healthy baby? And are you going to support her financially while she's pregnant? And are you going to dog her heels to make sure she's not out drinking or doing drugs?

The guy should have really thought about this before he chose a woman to have sex with.
Excellent point Vrai!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I wouldn't put it past some idiot woman to harm her fetus and say, "THERE, sucker!
Wow, that's really warped. I wouldn't have thought of that. :twitch:

Nitrospeed16

:yeahthat: Again........

J

justhangn

Originally posted by zuchick
I couldn't agree with you more. However, should it be a question of responsibility?

I know several men who have raised children that were not theirown.. They were not responsible for the child's birth, but they did raised and love the child. I also know both men and women who have did the same..

Yes, it's all about responsibility!! Just because a man has to pick up the slack from some numbnut doesn’t mean it’s not about responsibility.

Some men abandon their children because they lack the nad juice to stick it out.

Z

zuchick

Both should have thought about it and then kept their pants on.

lfquade

I say if the father is gonna be around and wants say in whether mother of his baby gets abortion or not then he has a say in it. But if he wants nothing to do with the kid, then no he shouldn't have a say in it.

But if they both decide to get an abortion, something should be done to prevent future abortions.

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by lfquade
I say if the father is gonna be around and wants say in whether mother of his baby gets abortion or not then he has a say in it. But if he wants nothing to do with the kid, then no he shouldn't have a say in it.

But if they both decide to get an abortion, something should be done to prevent future abortions.

I maybe naive for saying this, but I personally think that the best thing that could happen is to have each Jr. Hi. Schooler have to work in the Birthing Room when a woman is giving birth for a week. Not just standing around, but doing something from the business end of the delivery to helping take care of the babies in the Nursery.

Don't say it would traumatize a teenager because I don't think it would.. And if it does it would teach them to think twice before they do anything that would cause them to be in the Delivery Room. Boys too.. It wouldn't hurt to have them to watch an abortion.

Years ago my brother-n-law was in a Health Clinic and there was a 13 yearold girl who was carrying a baby.. He ask the girl, "well, why did you get pregrant?" She told him, "I just wanted to see what it was like". He said, "and you will.. you will indeed".

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by zuchick
I maybe naive for saying this, but I personally think that the best thing that could happen is to have each Jr. Hi. Schooler have to work in the Birthing Room when a woman is giving birth for a week. Not just standing around, but doing something from the business end of the delivery to helping take care of the babies in the Nursery.

Don't say it would traumatize a teenager because I don't think it would.. And if it does it would teach them to think twice before they do anything that would cause them to be in the Delivery Room. Boys too.. It wouldn't hurt to have them to watch an abortion.

Years ago my brother-n-law was in a Health Clinic and there was a 13 yearold girl who was carrying a baby.. He ask the girl, "well, why did you get pregrant?" She told him, "I just wanted to see what it was like". He said, "and you will.. you will indeed".

I for one would not want some strange kid watching me screaming in pain delivering my child and checking out my privates, just to teach them a lesson that they should be learning at home.

Perhaps the parents should rent the video and teach them themselves, as they should be doing in the first place.

lfquade

Originally posted by RoseRed
I for one would not want some strange kid watching me screaming in pain delivering my child and checking out my privates, just to teach them a lesson that they should be learning at home.

Perhaps the parents should rent the video and teach them themselves, as they should be doing in the first place.

:yeahthat:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Personal religious convictions aside, the saddest part of an abortion to me is that the ONE person involved in the whole situation (regardless of how it came to pass) the ONE person who is as yet guiltless, the ONE person who has never had a chance to hurt anybody - is the ONE person who will pay with their life.:bawl:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by tlatchaw
Personal religious convictions aside, the saddest part of an abortion to me is that the ONE person involved in the whole situation (regardless of how it came to pass) the ONE person who is as yet guiltless, the ONE person who has never had a chance to hurt anybody - is the ONE person who will pay with their life.:bawl:
damn

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Zu, do you really think some teenage hormone factory is going to stop in the heat of the moment and think about the repurcussions of sex? Nobody ever thinks it's going to be them that gets caught. When I was in high school, not only did we have a couple of girls who dropped out due to pregnancy, but we also had to read Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones in English as required reading. THEN our health teacher got a couple of teen Moms to come in and lecture us on the perils of sex.

We tutted in class, then ran off with our boyfriends.
:duh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by tlatchaw
is the ONE person who will pay with their life.
True. But like I told Zu in a PM, the kid's gonna pay anyway. If Mommy is a druggie, Jr. will pay. If Mommy gets knocked up by an abusive SOB, Jr.'s gonna pay. It's just the way it is. He can either pay when he's a fetus, or he can pay when he's a little kid.