Looking for Hollywood Daycare

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Good luck!

The demand for infant daycare is extremely high, so finding daycare is very frustrating. My current daycare has a four year (yep, that's 4 YEARS!!!) waiting list to get in.

And congrats on the new bebe. :baby:

PrepH4U

Looking for Hollywood infant daycare. Would like to be in Hollywood school district.
I have looked in the classifieds and will be calling them. Also looking on Southern Maryland Child Care Resource Center

I am looking for home daycare. It is hard to find a complete list so let me know who you know in Hollywood

Dumb question here.... why does the infant daycare have to be in a certain school district? :shrug: I would think you would not need a school for 4-5 years. :shrug:

Doctor

Dr. Mat
Dumb question here.... why does the infant daycare have to be in a certain school district? :shrug: I would think you would not need a school for 4-5 years. :shrug:

Other children in the family not to mention most would like the kids to stay with same daycare if they could

lovinmaryland

When looking on this sites classifieds keep your eyes open for daycares that always list openings. Good daycares are hard to come by and rarely have openings, so ones who are constantly advertising openings on here should tell you something. I learned this the hardway when having an infant in one fo them.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I'm on the waitlist for Pax daycare..and am hoping against hope to get in there..but I suppose I should get on some more lists..but the prices for infant daycare are absolutely insane. INSANE. I won't have a single dime to spare until I get a raise of some kind.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'm on the waitlist for Pax daycare..and am hoping against hope to get in there..but I suppose I should get on some more lists..but the prices for infant daycare are absolutely insane. INSANE. I won't have a single dime to spare until I get a raise of some kind.
When we tried to get Bubba in the base daycare 4+ years ago, we had a few things working to our advantage: Bob is retired military, working as a Civil Servant. I work for a base contractor. Despite those "credits" in our favor, we still couldn't get him in there. All of the open slots were going to active duty military. Not sure how it is now.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
When we tried to get Bubba in the base daycare 4+ years ago, we had a few things working to our advantage: Bob is retired military, working as a Civil Servant. I work for a base contractor. Despite those "credits" in our favor, we still couldn't get him in there. All of the open slots were going to active duty military. Not sure how it is now.

Pretty much the same. I am only a contractor..putting me at the bottom of the list. But I did agree to a home daycare if that came up..so that may help me a bit, and the wait list is about a year long..and I put alien on the list the minute I took the test..lol.

I tried that MD daycare resource site and it was basically useless.

pelers

I am seriously concerned I left things until too late :bawl: He's due in January and we're on the base daycare waitlist (but only for the center, not the in-homes)

I'll probably stay home with him until late February or March but definitely going to need something by then. At-home daycares just make me so nervous. I mean, what do you do if the provider is sick? I've read a number of threads on here about home daycares and the providers wanting paid vacations and the whole nine yards (which, from their perspective is reasonable... for me having to pay basically double for a couple weeks to cover it it isn't)

:confused:

pebbles

I must've gotten lucky. I decided this time last year to try to get my then almost 2 year old in base daycare. I'm just a lowly contractor as well. My BFF had her 2 kids in home care through the base & her provider had an opening. So I requested her on my paperwork & I guess I just got lucky. I absolutely LOVE our provider & my son does so well there.
I would rather my son go to in home care than a center. Home care is more one on one in my opinion. And when it's through the base, back up care is provided if the provider gets sick etc.

Peler, PM me if you want more info.

pebbles

And I think the LONG wait list is just for the center at Pax. The in home care is awesome & is actually cheaper now than the center. They are trying to get more kids in the home care since the center is full.

pelers

Hmm I'll have to see about changing my application to include the in-home providers as well then. Do the in-home providers live on base or are they scattered around town?

DosGattos

Hmm I'll have to see about changing my application to include the in-home providers as well then. Do the in-home providers live on base or are they scattered around town?

They are on and off base. I live in off base housing and there are three providers on my street alone. They are all over the area. Good luck!