looking for a place to lay my head

tc1962

I have a 3/4 Arabain mare, 3 years old in Marcg and I need a place hopefully close to home to keep her right now she is field boarded which is ok but I don't like to have to fight with other horses to get her out to feed her. She is very quite and a easy keeper, She is like a big puppy ... If you can help .. Thank you in advance TC:cheers:

Unosmom

The place where I Board is in Calvert County, back in Western Shores. The Lady is very nice and right around the corrnor from me. Full Board is 200 a month. If you are interested PM me and I can give you her phone number.

I keep my Arab Mare there! She is a Dog in a Horse Suit!

tc1962

stall - I was going to do pasture but I feel more comfortable with knowing on these nights she is inside..:cheers:

tc1962

She is at Wheatley's right now pasture boarded but I have had enough with fighting other horses to get to mine...

arabianpony

They are really nice over at Wit & Folly. Lots of people around too. That is one of the things I miss being here by myself. Nobody to ask questions or ride with. I used to go by there often to make payments on my horse, and there always seemed like there was a group of people taking off for a ride.
I just got back from my barn and one of them had ripped her blanket all up the side, the gelding had LOST his! I had to go pick it up out of the field! Ripped the whole front buckle off. That will have to go to Loveville, the other one I fixed with duct tape:blushing:

One of the little buggers had ripped off a board I had put up to block the wind, The gelding has rubbed a bald spot on the base of his tail.... They usually spend alot of time out and because they don't like to get thier toes cold, they have been trapped in the barn for 3 days now and I think they are getting BORED!!!

arabianpony

Originally posted by Pete
I live just down the road form there.

I am across 235, that is why I don't ride over there, I ride all up behind the elementry school, the perimeter of the big fields between Joy Chapel and the swing and swat. Then thru the woods to Hickory Hollow, and the other way to Sotterly road. There are alot of logging roads back there too. One of them goes out to a beaver pond where I inevitalbly find geese or heron. Only thing is my mare is convinced there are horse eating aligators back there. You can almost hear her wimper as she blindly hops about. Great ride though.... although last year I rode in the snow and my mare when all the way down on her side, so we don't do that anymore.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by arabianpony
I am across 235, that is why I don't ride over there, I ride all up behind the elementry school, the perimeter of the big fields between Joy Chapel and the swing and swat. Then thru the woods to Hickory Hollow, and the other way to Sotterly road. There are alot of logging roads back there too. One of them goes out to a beaver pond where I inevitalbly find geese or heron. Only thing is my mare is convinced there are horse eating aligators back there. You can almost hear her wimper as she blindly hops about. Great ride though.... although last year I rode in the snow and my mare when all the way down on her side, so we don't do that anymore.
I have not ridden a horse in years. Well not since the ex ......nevermind :killingme

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by arabianpony
Ever do the trail rides at Greenwell?

arabianpony

Originally posted by RoseRed
Ever do the trail rides at Greenwell?

Nope, No trailer. Come spring, I am going to go talk to the girls at W&F, see how much they will charge me to take me there and bring me back, if I can't hitch a ride with anyone for the organized trail rides.

arabianpony

Originally posted by appyday
Yep I take the horses swimming in the SUMMER...

Arab...............yes we are friends...but I would want my stalls picked on the weekend..I pick stalls 3-4 times a day. and dats all I have to say.

Mine were being really good about going out side to take care of that stuff, in the evenings, I usually have just a couple piles to try to beat the chickens to. But with this snow!!!!!
Luckily, the turds freeze fast and the chickens have a difficult time shredding them.:barf:
I have been home though, so have been cleaning twice a day.
back to the grind tomorrow though, so I imagine I will have quite a few barrels when I get home.