The Calverton School & the tidewater school

chinzen

Does anyone have anything experience with Calverton School or Tidewater school? I am look at K for next fall. I notice that Calverton had transportation from LaPlata. Does anyone have any experiece with the transportation? Does the tidewater school have something similar? Or do they try connect parents with other parents to share transportation duties?

We would be coming from La Plata/waldorf area.

Thanks,

Mom66

Tidewater School

I have had two children go through Tidewater and one went to Calverton after they graduated from Tidewater. So, I can give you some perspective on both. Tidewater is warm and fuzzy. I swear they loved my children almost as much as I do. They have a completely individualized curriculum that is so comprehensive and it has both a smart and fun vibe. The kindergarten teacher has been there for 23 years and she is the best! Ask about their world tour.

Calverton is much more subdued and structured. Kids all have to march to the same beat. It's bigger which I think is fine for some, but it's alot less personal. More of an old school place I guess.

Tidewater is revising their website, but they are on Facebook.

Best of luck!

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I have seen school busses marked "The Calverton School" driving all around the county. I would assume they use these busses as regular transportation instead of having parents carpool kids, etc. I dont, however, know first hand. But the busses are out there.