So irritated and miffed

NewMotherOf1

So, my sister-in-law has thoroughly gone off the deep end. She is pregnant and in jail. She is in jail for drugs and assaulting her grandmother. I helped her get hooked up with a great couple that wanted to adopt the baby. She CANNOT take care of a child. She can't even take care of herself. Even if she did clean up and stay off drugs she still couldn't do it. Well, She's decided to go against everything me and her family has done for her and has decided to keep the baby. She knows she will go back to drugs, she knows the baby will be taken from her and will go into the foster care system. Why choose that for your child? The couple even said they would allow visitation all she wants as long as she abide to the rules. She will be released from jail soon and I worry about this baby. I guess the reason why i posted this was to get it off my chest and just vent and also try to find out if there is anything else her family and I can do?

frdldy2001

:smack::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:
ALL IM GONNA SAY

So, my sister-in-law has thoroughly gone off the deep end. She is pregnant and in jail. She is in jail for drugs and assaulting her grandmother. I helped her get hooked up with a great couple that wanted to adopt the baby. She CANNOT take care of a child. She can't even take care of herself. Even if she did clean up and stay off drugs she still couldn't do it. Well, She's decided to go against everything me and her family has done for her and has decided to keep the baby. She knows she will go back to drugs, she knows the baby will be taken from her and will go into the foster care system. Why choose that for your child? The couple even said they would allow visitation all she wants as long as she abide to the rules. She will be released from jail soon and I worry about this baby. I guess the reason why i posted this was to get it off my chest and just vent and also try to find out if there is anything else her family and I can do?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I guess the reason why i posted this was to get it off my chest and just vent and also try to find out if there is anything else her family and I can do?
Keep an eye on her and be prepared to call CPS if necessary? I feel your pain as I had a family member do something similar (just subtract the drug issue and add a violent, abusive boyfriend) a few years ago. I completely understand your concern for her child, but unfortunately this is her child and you can't force her to give it up.

poster

Keep an eye on her and be prepared to call CPS if necessary? I feel your pain as I had a family member do something similar (just subtract the drug issue and add a violent, abusive boyfriend) a few years ago. I completely understand your concern for her child, but unfortunately this is her child and you can't force her to give it up.

Very true, buy you also need to find out if the couple you found is still willing to take the child. If she uses while pregnant, and she probably will, the baby will probably have issues once born. She'll not be able to handle it but chances are the adoptive parents won't want to go down that path either. So sad, users are so selfish, they don't care about ANYONE or anything but their next fix.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

She should try to get on the TLC channel. :yay:

NewMotherOf1

Very true, buy you also need to find out if the couple you found is still willing to take the child. If she uses while pregnant, and she probably will, the baby will probably have issues once born. She'll not be able to handle it but chances are the adoptive parents won't want to go down that path either. So sad, users are so selfish, they don't care about ANYONE or anything but their next fix.

They know the risk that they are taking. I'm friends with the guy. He knows everything that is going on. I wouldn't hold something like that back. And you are right. She doesn't care about anyone but herself.

poster

They know the risk that they are taking. I'm friends with the guy. He knows everything that is going on. I wouldn't hold something like that back. And you are right. She doesn't care about anyone but herself.

I hope this all works out for the child in the end.
They are good people to be willing to take on such a challenge and so are you for trying to find a better life for her child.

Stay strong and tackle things as they come.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Sorry to hear about your friend but she doesn't sound like much of a friend.

Get away while you can. Help the baby if you can.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
My family has about as many dysfunctions as functions.:lol:

Family puts the fun in dysfunctional :drummer:

For the OP:
You can't stop her, all you can do is allow her to go as far down as she wants, but let her know that if she survives yo'll br there