Missle Fired

PrepH4U

My son is calling me from LA, says he saw it. There's a lot more to it.

I bet, reading the article the military says it's not theirs, Missile Defense didn't know about it, but, they can definately say it was not from a foreign source. Well how can they say that if none of them knew about it? :shrug:
Real warm fuzzy feeling I am getting from the press release. :whistle:
Then on the other hand some contractor probably forgot to go through all the proper channels before they fired a test.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I bet, reading the article the military says it's not theirs, Missile Defense didn't know about it, but, they can definately say it was not from a foreign source. Well how can they say that if none of them knew about it? :shrug:
Real warm fuzzy feeling I am getting from the press release. :whistle:
Then on the other hand some contractor probably forgot to go through all the proper channels before they fired a test.

This guy has it figured out.

But John Pike, a defense expert who is director of GlobalSecurity.org, said he believes he has solved the mystery.

"It's clearly an airplane contrail," Pike said Tuesday afternoon. "It's an optical illusion that looks like it's going up, whereas in reality it's going towards the camera. The tip of the contrail is moving far too slowly to be a rocket. When it's illuminated by the sunset, you can see hundreds of miles of it ... all the way to the horizon.

"Why the government is so badly organized that they can't get somebody out there to explain it and make this story go away ... I think that's the real story," Pike added. "I mean, it's insane that with all the money we are spending, all these technically competent people, that they can't get somebody out there to explain what is incredibly obvious."

Pentagon can't explain apparent mystery rocket off California coast - CNN.com

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

But John Pike, a defense expert who is director of GlobalSecurity.org, said he believes he has solved the mystery.

"It's clearly an airplane contrail," Pike said Tuesday afternoon. "It's an optical illusion that looks like it's going up, whereas in reality it's going towards the camera. The tip of the contrail is moving far too slowly to be a rocket. When it's illuminated by the sunset, you can see hundreds of miles of it ... all the way to the horizon.

"Why the government is so badly organized that they can't get somebody out there to explain it and make this story go away ... I think that's the real story," Pike added. "I mean, it's insane that with all the money we are spending, all these technically competent people, that they can't get somebody out there to explain what is incredibly obvious."

A young kid that used to work with me thought the planes contrails were going straight up when they were way off in the distance and coming straight at us. I had the hardest time explaining to him that they were not going straight up. :lol:

Tech

Fox now reporting that it could be a jet, shows other examples that look very much the same.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I looked at the picture....that's no jet contrail coming at you...:lol:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Missile Defense didn't know about it, but, they can definately say it was not from a foreign source. Well how can they say that if none of them knew about it?
That's what I was wondering at reading... "'If it were an attack we would have known it and we would have done something about it,' Cornelio said."
They would have known about it when? Once the city was in rubble? I guess that would have been clear enough for them. :rolleyes:

If it were a missile from a foreign/terrorist element, it would seem to be an awful waste. Set up shop in L.A. and then fire your missile away from those you're trying to threaten.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
That's what I was wondering at reading... "'If it were an attack we would have known it and we would have done something about it,' Cornelio said."
They would have known about it when? Once the city was in rubble? I guess that would have been clear enough for them. :rolleyes:

If it were a missile from a foreign/terrorist element, it would seem to be an awful waste. Set up shop in L.A. and then fire your missile away from those you're trying to threaten.

My son told me there was one Friday night, but it just went poof over the ocean. It was dark and what he saw was bright orange. He took pics with his phone, but the PF Changs billboard was so bright you can't see anything else. :killingme

All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.