Pregnancy Pain

I wasn't really sure where to post this ...

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby. The past week or so, I have been getting this SHARP pain on my lower right abdomen...It makes it difficult to walk... I seem fine when I am sitting down, but as soon as I stand up, I experience these stabbing pains again... :cds:

Has anyone else experienced this? :jameo:

High-Def

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby. The past week or so, I have been getting this SHARP pain on my lower right abdomen...It makes it difficult to walk... I seem fine when I am sitting down, but as soon as I stand up, I experience these stabbing pains again... :cds:

I had that with my first one too the dr said it was my ligaments stretching. It does hurt like a mo fo but should go away soon

sdm

I had that with my first one. Had to drag myself across the bed on my side and put my feet on the floor backwards and push myself up because the pain was too severe if I got up sitting straight up the normal way. I kept complaining about this awful pain in my side by my pelvic bone. Doctors (both base and personal doctor) all said everything was fine. Couldn't find anything wrong. When my son was born he was born with a hematoma the size of a softball on the top of his head that took over a year to go away. Come to find out the pain was his head lodged against my pelvic bone.

I had that with my first one. Had to drag myself across the bed on my side and put my feet on the floor backwards and push myself up because the pain was too severe if I got up sitting straight up the normal way. I kept complaining about this awful pain in my side by my pelvic bone. Doctors (both base and personal doctor) all said everything was fine. Couldn't find anything wrong. When my son was born he was born with a hematoma the size of a softball on the top of his head that took over a year to go away. Come to find out the pain was his head lodged against my pelvic bone.

:cds:

lovinmaryland

It is round ligament pain. I had it with the last two of mine. There really isnt anything they can give you for the pain either, unfortunately :ohwell:

sunflower

Loving My Life...

Just to be safe talk to your Dr. I had similar pains and ended up having 2 miscarriages... But I was only 12 weeks... Best of luck to ya.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
If you are concerned, call your OB, especially with your first. Don't feel like you are bothering them, they are used to all kinds of questions, especially from first-time Moms.

And, get yourself a copy of Penelope Leach's Your Baby and Child, the absolute BEST guide out there for what to expect with a baby up through age 5. Saved my life & sanity many a time!

Last edited:
C

CalvertNewbie

Round ligament pain - but talk to your OB anyway.

Yep, how could I forget that pain? Felt like someone was ripping my insides out! :cds:

To the OP......go see your OB today to make sure nothing is wrong but it is common to experience round ligament pain. They're used to pregnant women being concerned every step of the way and I'm sure they'll get you in for an exam.

Heresathought1

I get my first grandhild in April too! It's a little girl and she will be dreadfully spoiled since I don't have to deal with the consequences.

Thanks everyone... doctor said it was normal to feel like someone is ripping out my insides. :huggy: he told me I would be fine and then gave me asthma medicine. :coffee:

C

CalvertNewbie

Thanks everyone... doctor said it was normal to feel like someone is ripping out my insides. :huggy: he told me I would be fine and then gave me asthma medicine. :coffee:

Glad everything is ok with the baby. Hope you're feeling better!

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
CONGRATS to you. I just had my thrid baby boy two weeks ago. You may want to go the babycenter.com for support. It is a forum for mommies to be and you can share your experience with other women due the same month as you are. I found it very useful. Good luck to you and don't worry, the pain will be well worth it. :)

kvj21075

Meow

:huggy: make hubby run you nicely :yay:

Hope youre feeling better!