Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cmcdanal
No Jews? no Episcopals? no atheists?
Or agnostic, but this is Zuchick the Zealot, in case you haven't noticed he doesn't recognize all religions or the fact that some can believe without belonging to one of his recognized religions.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
But there are more generic options. "Baptists" could be lumped together and people could choose to elaborate. Then there's always the all inclusive "other"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think organized religion is a tool of Satan, designed to prevent people from thinking for themselves.

Dymphna

Originally posted by zuchick
They could have been lumped into Protestants, but that is not what I am look for.
I guess you are just looking for 5 responses, out of the dozens of people who have read this thread :shrug:

TripleJ

Originally posted by migtig
Well then, you aren't going to have a very accurate count of the religious make-up of this forum. :boo:
I don't think that zuchick looks for an accurate account of anything, imho :cheers:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I think organized religion is a tool of Satan, designed to prevent people from thinking for themselves.

I think I just may start worshipping you, Vrai.:notworthy :notworthy

Dymphna

(Seems like the Roman Christians and the Orthodox Christians do not seem to mind to vote. If those I listed do not care to vote, more power to them. "Can't please everyone, so ya gotta please yourself."
That's were you are wrong. I did not vote, even though I fall into one of those first two categories. I did not vote because I feel that your poll is so incomplete, it cannot be valid.

Tell me, why did you come up with the categories you did? You have Lutherans and Catholics, but not Episcopals or Methodists. If you are trying to find people who have religious beliefs that are somewhat related to your own, why skip Episcopals and include Lutherans. Episcopals are as close or closer to Orthodox, than Lutherans are.

Toxick

Splat
Well, I would tend to disagree with you on the Episcopals being closer to the Orthodoxy then the Lutherans, but that is a different issue.

But the reason I exclused many protestant denominations is because there simply was no room to list all their churchs.. The forum only offered 10 options for the polls and I chose the options that I thought best matched the Southern Maryland Community.. No bias or malice was intended believe me.. There was Simply not enough room.

Well, I think the entire poll - with the exception of one option - could be compacted into one category. Christian.

A good poll might be:

• Jewish
  • Christian
  • Muslim
  • Hindu
  • Buddhist (although - Buddhism doesn't claim exclusivity - you can be buddhist and Christian, frinstance)
  • Wiccan
  • Scientologist :rolleyes:
  • Zoroastrian
  • Masonic
  • Atheist/Agnostic

I think that would cover probably 95-98% of the people on earth and probably 100% of everyone on these message boards.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by *archimedes*
I interpreted his categories to mean he was only interested in finding out about Christians on this board.

Indeed - but everyone seems to have taken this as a personal affront. So I made an alternate list.

Of course some Voodoo Hongoun is bound to add a post about beling left out.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I bet the Ralieans (sp?), Moonies and cult of the month members are bitter they've been left out too.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Maybe the prudent pollster would have visited http://somd.com/worship/ and saw a list of the Religious make up of this SOMD and used the number of churches each faith listed there to select the top ten denominations for the poll, that is unless they had a specific agenda to begin with.

K

Kain99

Doctrine divides.... That's all part of Satan's plan..... Don't fall for it Zu. :wink: